• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Sightron S1

kytrapper

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 8, 2010
Any one got experience with this line ? I am looking for basic scope to put on some hard recoiling sticks - I have heard that they have a good warranty- best in the price range? thanx in advance

Re: Sightron S1

In it's price range...possibly. Not as good as their S2 line with better glass and also low priced.

For a hunting rifle the new Redfields are pretty slick for $150 and Leupold lifetime warranty.

TC

Top Cat the redfield I got my hands had plastic in the turrets... May have to reconsider them- thought about one to put on a .458 mag that I not going use very often.

Well...

There is recoil...and then there is recoil...

Sightron and Leupold both put lifetime warranties on these scopes, but that doesn't mean they won't break...They will fix them for free when they do, but that doesn't help you in the bush and on a .458 they'll likely fail sooner than later.

To expect any $100 scope to withstand that recoil level would be a bit optimistic.

Leupold says the Redfield line will tolerate recoil...ok...you might give the Redfield 2-7 a shot, but Leupold makes tougher scopes and they aren't that expensive.

Their little 2.5 Ultra Light scope is one of their more rugged models. A fixed power scope will have a better chance of survival.

TC

Thanks for the thoughts Top Cat just came across a nikon african- under 250- that I may go with - I thiink they have the straight Lifetime warranty aswell- know anything on them?

Have you considered the Vortex Viper 2-7? They have been proven on hard hitters and on sale over at SWFA right now. For the price you won't find better glass.

I have the SI mildot 3X9, and it cannot handle the 50 BMG 10 rounds and it was like a baby rattle. They did fix it though, now its back to 22 duty.

I just put it on as a very temporary stop gap because I really had the itch to shoot my new 50.

I did run it on my 308 hunting rifle for 3 years and it did fine there.

thanks for the recoil update Tyler

SVT thanx for the recoil update

Got to love this site so much experience and great folks that will take the time to share it!!!