• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Sightron SIII 6-24x50

hunter223

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
Nov 18, 2007
Odessa Tx
looking for input. how would you guys rate this against Leupy Mk4, NXS glass. how is the glass quality, adjustments etc? I've read some stuff on these just looking for input from experienced users.

Thanks!!

Re: Sightron SIII 6-24x50

Hey you can buy one on E-bay ! They're around an various online web sites?

The New Sightron SIII 6-24x50 has better glass & tracking than the Leupold scopes. It is right there with the NXS glass and tracking ability. I compared the SIII to a Mark 4 LR/T 8.5-25X50 that I have in stock. The SIII has clearer & brighter glass, audible clicks and 100 moa total adj. The target turrets look smaller in pictures but they larger in person. They are nice size turrets.

The Sightron SIII is a nicer scope than the above MK4 Leupold in my opinion and priced about $500 less.

The Big Sky SII 6.5-20x50 is a nice scope also. It has very clear glass same tracking ability as the SIII. It has a 1" tube and 60 moa adj. Runs about $599.

GC

The SIII 6-24x50 is an awesome optic. Much better then a Mk4 and glass that is on par with NXS. You really can't go wrong with it. If you want a direct comparison I can handle that. I own both a Mk4 4.5-14x40 and a Sightron SIII 6-24x50. The Leupold glass is of good quality and the overall construction is good. However I had to send the Leupold back after less then 100 rounds because the vertical adjustments got jammed up. On the other hand the SIII is knocking on the door of 1000 rounds and still going strong.

would yall mind posting some pics of your SIII 6-24x50's?

Sure. Here are some of mine. It is an older model with only 50 inches of vertical travel but still a fine optic.

100_0195.jpg

100_0196.jpg

100_0201.jpg

Here are some pictures of the new Model SIII 6-24X50 LR MD. I believe the turrets are little larger on the new model.

SIGHTRON-4.jpg

SIGHTRONSIII-3.jpg

SIGHTRONSIII-2.jpg

SIGHTRONSIII-1.jpg

GC

Thanks for the pics guys. any body got one on a GAP? or a pic of the whole rifle?

Sweet pics thanks! One question, is the scope still water resistant with the turret covers off (I'm guessing it is just making sure)?

Thanks,
Joseph

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">is the scope still water resistant with the turret covers off (I'm guessing it is just making sure)?</div></div>

Of coarse.

GC

Haha! Sorry about that question. That's what I thought. I'm really interested in these scopes, thanks.