• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sightron SIII PLR 6x24X50

scorpio 25

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 9, 2005
Was thinking getting this sightron for the AR in 5.56 out to 700yds. i have the vortex pst 2x10x32 and the eyes are not what they used to be. just wondering if there might be something better or maybe wait till 2024 and see what they come out with? Maybe a 15x or 18x power with maybe a 44mm obj would work fine i dont want to put something too big on it.

Last edited:
I just received a SIII PLR 6-24x50 FFP IR #28001 from Camera Land earlier this week. WOW!!! I haven't mounted it on anything yet but the glass.... blows away my Viper PST Gen 2 5-25x50 in every category. It's been 10 years since I had a S&B PM2 5-25 so my memory is fuzzy for any direct comparison, but Sightron's glass is incredible. I want to play with an S6 to see how much better Sightron can get. Per Travis, the Sightron tech rep that Jeff put me in contact with, the S6 is going to be much more visible this coming year in the PRS and other circuits. Greg and Jeff at Camera Land were patient and great to deal with and I can't recommend them enough.

Last edited:
I just received a SIII PLR 6-24x50 FFP IR #28001 from Camera Land earlier this week. WOW!!! I haven't mounted it on anything yet but the glass.... blows away my Viper PST Gen 2 5-25x50 in every category. It's been 10 years since I had a S&B PM2 5-25 so my memory is fuzzy for any direct comparison, but Sightron's glass is incredible. I want to play with an S6 to see how much better Sightron can get. Per Travis, the Sightron tech rep that Jeff put me in contact with, the S6 is going to be much more visible this coming year in the PRS and other circuits. Greg and Jeff at Camera Land were patient and great to deal with and I can't recommend them enough.
thanks

Reactions: Uhlan
Just wondering if its too big for a 16 inch barrell wish they had like a 3x18x44

Just wondering if its too big for a 16 inch barrell wish they had like a 3x18x44
They make something close, but no Christmas tree.

-Stan

They make something close, but no Christmas tree.

-Stan
Yes that would b alot better wish they had the xmas tree. well mayb have to go with another brand ? i wonder how the STAC compare to there PLR series scopes

I have the 8-32 Sightron III for my Match Rifle. I would not think twice about buying another one. Clarity is second to none,Tracking is dead nuts on. Plenty adj to shoot 1000 yards with ease. I must also say- That at 8 to 900.00 I think I would choke up another 4 or 5 and jump to a Nightforce next time. If most of your shooting is going to be target or 1000 yards, I would go with the 8-32 power. I think they are the same price.

I have the 8-32 Sightron III for my Match Rifle. I would not think twice about buying another one. Clarity is second to none,Tracking is dead nuts on. Plenty adj to shoot 1000 yards with ease. I must also say- That at 8 to 900.00 I think I would choke up another 4 or 5 and jump to a Nightforce next time. If most of your shooting is going to be target or 1000 yards, I would go with the 8-32 power. I think they are the same price.
Only going out to 700yds with a 5.56 with a 16 inch barrel dont need all that power 15x or 18x with a 44mm obj would b fine. sightron does have something close but its not in the PLR series idk how the rest of there scopes are.The 6x24 PLR is nice but i think its too big .

probably just gonna put my arken 6x24x50 on it . just as big as the sightron and i already have it till i find something smaller