• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Sightron SIII--the waiting game

clydeglock

Private
Minuteman
Feb 18, 2009
Franklin, TN
Still waiting on Sightron to import more of the SIII's so I can get one from Liberty Optics, should be another 8 weeks, maybe less. I need someone out there to convince me it will be worth the wait. Plan on mounting to a TRG-22 that will be a target shooting and hunting gun, typically 150-400 yards, maybe longer if a new range opens up here this year.

I like the price for the features, just getting impatient I guess. Had considered jumping on a Nikon Tactical X recently, but decided to wait. Maybe hunting in low light would actually be an area I am not giving the Nikon enough credit for its glass. Anyone care to chime in on the SIII glass?

Re: Sightron SIII--the waiting game

The glass is excellent on the Sightron SIII. It's well worth the wait. The turrets are nice too with very sharp clicks. If Sightron decided design a SIII FFP MIl/Mil tactical scope in 4-16x50 & 6-24x50 with the same glass in the $900 to $1000 price range they would blow away the competition.

GC