• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Sightron sviii 5-40x56

EMCA

Private
Minuteman
Apr 20, 2020
hello.
I am interested in a sightron sviii 5-40x56.
It has good reviews but I'm seeing that there are many for sale in different forums.
Is it really not as good as it seems?
Thanks

hello.
I am interested in a sightron sviii 5-40x56.
It has good reviews but I'm seeing that there are many for sale in different forums.
Is it really not as good as it seems?
Thanks

All indications are very positive. This is one scope that we sell, but I have no experience behind the wheel. Looking through the glass and having customers compare, I would have to give it thumbs up. I have not been impressed with the brand, but this model appears to have leap-frogged over other models. I had one customer who has a ZCO 8-40 tell me that he felt that Sightron was "close enough," and there is a lot of money between the two.

I would encourage you to get more hands-on opinions. We can help put one in your hands. :cool:

I own a few of them with both reticles. They're clearer than the Vortex Razor Gen 3 and so far zero issues with any of mine. They're closest to my March and kahles scopes at around half the price. They can be bought for around $2000-$2200 of you shop around and call for quotes over the phone which is a real steal for these scopes which are in fact the closest budget priced high end scopes to being true tier 1 level. The only negative is they're extremely heavy.

Thank you so much.
I have 2 sightron s3 6-24x50 and 8-32x56.
I love them and have never had a problem.
I had been surprised to see some for sale in such a short time.
That's why I asked.
I will try to get one, although here in Europe they are much more expensive.

Thank you so much.
I have 2 sightron s3 6-24x50 and 8-32x56.
I love them and have never had a problem.
I had been surprised to see some for sale in such a short time.
That's why I asked.
I will try to get one, although here in Europe they are much more expensive.
They've been on sale for much cheaper when they first were introduced over a year ago and they were priced $2000 and under and cheapest I've seen was $1800. Had I known how great they really were, I would have bought in early for the cheaper prices.

I would think people sell their Sightron SVIII scopes probably due to them being too heavy and need to free up cash to buy a lighter weight scope.

The only reason I would think of selling one of mine is if I was short on cash and wanted to order another lighter weight Burris XTR PRO or a lighter weight March FX wide angle super ED 5-42x which would mean I'd have to sell 2 SVIIIs.

Last edited:
I have that scope 5-40x56mm, and I just returned from a Prairie dog shoot in Montana. I also had Night Force ATACR 7-35x56mm. The glass between the two is equal, and I like the reticle in the ATACR better. I highly recommend this specific Sightron 5-40x56

I just got on in from Sightron for some accessory parts design-work.

It is impressive and feels very nice in all regards, and the glass is pretty smokin' good.