• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Sightron vs Burris

tmxring

Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Jul 25, 2006
Athens AL
Looking at the Sightron-3 vs the Burris XTR. Which has the better glass? Thanks

Re: Sightron vs Burris

I had the chance to look fairly qickly through a sightron III 8-32 and a nightforce BR 12-42, both aiming at 1000yds F class target. The weather was overcast with a light drizzle, both scopes looked about identical in clarity to me, I have a sightron on the way from SWFA right now, the almost $400 difference sold it to me. I know it isn't compared to a burris but I hope this will help a little. also, I have 20/15 vision.

CS goes a long way, and I don't mean to bad mouth a company, but my experience with Burris has not been favorable in terms of warranty and turn around time.

I have a Burris XTR 3-12. I'm very pleased with the glass I have a Night Force 12x42 Br also not much difference in glass at 12 power during the afternoon. I think they're equal as far as the glass goes during daylight hrs. I can say in my case the XTR's return to zero isn't the best. I still like it a lot on my vltor/rocker river barreled upper. It's perfect for my rifle. Plus I try to support American made. Since our economy sucks and just about nothing is made here any more.

I currently run a S3 6-24-50 LR/MD on a Rem MLR 338LM.. GREAT!!! scope.. Get it and DONT look back!!!

Matt. (LEO SOUTH GA.)

No question, Sightron SIII. I've owned quite a few SIIIs, as well as more than a few Burris scopes, and to me there is no comparison. Eye relief on the Sightron is much better, and the turrets are more positive. Plus, customer service at Sightron is second to none. Now, I will admit that I have had great service from Burris in the past, and I cannot knock their CS department. However, looking through a few threads, it seems like it can be hit or miss at times. You can read stories where people were very satisfied, and others that were unhappy. Of course, I fall in the "satisfied" category, buy you cannot dismiss that others have had issues with Burris customer service. On the other hand, I have yet to find anything negative on Sightron.

Go with the 6-24x50, its a great scope!

Check out field of view before you buy if it is important. Burris 6-24xtr tac has more than 25% larger fov compared to the SIII 6-24 @ 24x. Burris 5.3ft@24 vs SIII 3.9ft@24x. If you want the scopes to have equal fov you have to turn down the SIII to about 16-18X..