• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Sightron Zero Stop scopes

EddieE

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 20, 2017
Anyone have one of the newly released sightrons that have the zero stops?

1) How do you like it?
2) where did you get it from?

Thanks

I'm with fdkay, in that I wasn't aware that Sightron had yet added a zero stop model to their lineup. If they did, they made a big mistake by not listing that capability in their catalog. I do know that I'm very interested in a Sightron Tactical scope with zero stop.

After as rudely as I was treated by Sightron's customer service, I won't consider any of their products anytime soon.

The one time that I had to use Sightron CS, due to using vertical rings on a .338 LM, I found it rude that it took almost two full weeks from the time that I shipped the scope to them until it arrived, fixed, cleaned and with new scope caps at my door. And! And...they had the audacity to ask me if I might have over-torqued the rings. When I stated that I had not and always used a torque style screwdriver, they took my word for it and had me send it in, on MY dollar!! I was really looking for a chance for a knock-down drag-out row over this and was very disappointed that it was that easy. I found that to be rude.

Of course I since found out, after trying the vertical ring mount again, removing it and selling it for some real rings, then reading Frank's experiences about a year later, that it likely had something to do with vertically split rings and binding of the internals. THAT was rude too!

I'm sorry if I am coming across as rude, but I wanted to make sure that I included all of the details.

:p:eek:;):cool::cool:

Reactions: Triple D
I was under an impression that zero stop was not arriving until next year.

ILya

According to this Optics-Info post, they announced it at IWA. That might be why the US blogs didn't pick it up, since IWA doesn't get the attention SHOT or the NRA show does:
http://optics-info.com/sightron-siii-zero-stop/

Perhaps Sightron doesn't expect substantial inventory to be available until next year? I'm excited that zero stops will be available from them. I've heard such great things about SIIIs and S-TACs, but the lack of a zero stop was an glaring omission. I hope the FFP SIII gets the zero stop in addition to the SV line, and I doubly hope the new christmas tree reticle from the SV is added as well.

The one time that I had to use Sightron CS, due to using vertical rings on a .338 LM, I found it rude that it took almost two full weeks from the time that I shipped the scope to them until it arrived, fixed, cleaned and with new scope caps at my door. And! And...they had the audacity to ask me if I might have over-torqued the rings. When I stated that I had not and always used a torque style screwdriver, they took my word for it and had me send it in, on MY dollar!! I was really looking for a chance for a knock-down drag-out row over this and was very disappointed that it was that easy. I found that to be rude.

Of course I since found out, after trying the vertical ring mount again, removing it and selling it for some real rings, then reading Frank's experiences about a year later, that it likely had something to do with vertically split rings and binding of the internals. THAT was rude too!

I'm sorry if I am coming across as rude, but I wanted to make sure that I included all of the details.

:p:eek:;):cool::cool:
I sent 1 in for a very stiff parallax knob a couple of years ago and that was my experience also.

According to this Optics-Info post, they announced it at IWA. That might be why the US blogs didn't pick it up, since IWA doesn't get the attention SHOT or the NRA show does:
http://optics-info.com/sightron-siii-zero-stop/

Perhaps Sightron doesn't expect substantial inventory to be available until next year? I'm excited that zero stops will be available from them. I've heard such great things about SIIIs and S-TACs, but the lack of a zero stop was an glaring omission. I hope the FFP SIII gets the zero stop in addition to the SV line, and I doubly hope the new christmas tree reticle from the SV is added as well.
That post is a little vague as to whether this is something that will be shipped with the SIII scopes coming up or if it is really just the ability to add a zero stop to an existing SIII that was announced along with early SHOT press releases this year. And I literally saw nothing regarding the SV line. The author seemed clear that this was NOT for their tactical line of scopes.

Maybe I am missing something.

Alot of their zero stops were available on April 25th. I don't think that was advertised at all. I contacted them and they sent me a list of what is available currently. Customer service is important when buying big ticket items.
1526506977344.png

Last edited:
Interesting. They are not yet listed on their US website.

I'll ask. Previously, I have only asked them about a zero stop for the SV SS ED 4.5-24x56 scope and they said next year. I did not ask about the SIII.

I wonder if the zero stop will also be available for the SV 10-50x60 scope. I am currently testing the ED version of that scope and I am very impressed.

ILya

That post is a little vague as to whether this is something that will be shipped with the SIII scopes coming up or if it is really just the ability to add a zero stop to an existing SIII that was announced along with early SHOT press releases this year. And I literally saw nothing regarding the SV line. The author seemed clear that this was NOT for their tactical line of scopes.

Maybe I am missing something.

No, I just didn't proofread before submitting and mixed up wanting the SV reticle in the SIII with the SIII getting the zero stop and hoping the SV got it to.

Good to see the rest of the 6-24xs are getting the zero stop soon enough. Hopefully the FFP mil model on the list EddieE got from Sightron has the new christmas tree reticle from the SV.

Regarding the 10-50x with ED glass, is that an SV or SIII model?

SV
No, I just didn't proofread before submitting and mixed up wanting the SV reticle in the SIII with the SIII getting the zero stop and hoping the SV got it to.

Good to see the rest of the 6-24xs are getting the zero stop soon enough. Hopefully the FFP mil model on the list EddieE got from Sightron has the new christmas tree reticle from the SV.

Regarding the 10-50x with ED glass, is that an SV or SIII model?
SV