• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Re: Sightron

30mm vs 1" tube and turrets.

Both have the Exactrac and ZACT-7 lenscoating.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 467</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How dependable is the sightron,tracking,etc. </div></div>

Sightron is known for it's tracking. Keep in mind the S3 is an $800 scope and, IMHO, does not complete with $1000+ scopes.

I have an S3 on my 700 PSS and it works flawlessly. the tracking is dead on, out to 1000yds and back to 100yds and it's dead on. You can feel the metal on metal contact of the gears with every click. The picture is excellent. Lastly, lifetime warranty they stand by. based on my use of the scope, i don't see why i would ever send it in. It's extremely durable.

Sightron is known for it's tracking. Keep in mind the S3 is an $800 scope and, IMHO, does not complete with $1000+ scopes.

I have an S3 on my 700 PSS and it works flawlessly. the tracking is dead on, out to 1000yds and back to 100yds and it's dead on. You can feel the metal on metal contact of the gears with every click. The picture is excellent. Lastly, lifetime warranty they stand by. based on my use of the scope, i don't see why i would ever send it in. It's extremely durable

so then why does it not compete with 1k dollar scopes?

so then why does it not compete with 1k dollar scopes? [/quote]

It is not a shortcoming of the sightron, rather a simple fact that if you spend more, the manufacturer typicall puts more into the scope and hence a better scope. In other words, this $800 does not compete against a $1500 scope. The pricier scope will have an even clearer picture, features, etc...and i did not mean a $1k scope, i meant NF, Mk4 or US optics.

Leupolds 1k-1500.00 MK4's, are not doing well in a popularity contest now.
W/ the exception of the MK4-M1's, and M3's.........
I would NOT buy a Loopie, newer than a Vari X III, or a VXIII.

FWIW to my eyes the glass on my SIII is brighter, sharper, and has more contrast than my VXIII.