• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sig's AK

Saito

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 10, 2008
1537 Paper St.
I asked a local friend/FFL holder to find me a Sig 556R for me to replace the AK I sold earlier this year, if he could. Well, it didn't fit into my budget, but I made it fit. Here are my thoughts after only 60rds.

Positives:
-Takes AK mags
-Threaded 5/8x24
-Adjustable gas system
-Simple and fast to take down

Negatives:
-No iron sights included

IMG_0496.jpg

Don't ask me about accuracy, I put the T1 on it and zeroed it at 50yds. I didn't buy this thing to try and shoot small groups at 100yds. One mag had Wolf 123grn JHPs and the other had TulAmmo 154grn PSPs. Function was perfect(although 60rds is no test) both suppressed and unsuppressed. Shot 20rds through my Gemtech HVT. The HVT is heavy and it appeared that impact shift was 3+ inches at 25yds, so I can imagine it would be more at extended ranges. I'll do more of a formal review when I have the time. So far, I like Sig's AK.

Oh, and I just got a TSD combat systems G17 slide. Dig that thing so far too
smile.gif

Re: Sig's AK

I like the concept behind this rifle and that they decided to use AK magazines. As long as the reliability is there it could be a great rifle with ergo's so mucg better than the AK platform is.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Adam B</div><div class="ubbcode-body">what is the weight? </div></div>

With a mag full of 154 grainers, it's just a hair over 9lbs.

A few more positives:
-Ambi 60 degree throw safety
-Folding stock locks up solid both folded and out
-Top rail is removable
-Trigger guard appears to be the same as an AR(I'm about to find out)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Saito</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
With a mag full of 154 grainers, it's just a hair over 9lbs.

A few more positives:
-Ambi 60 degree throw safety
-Folding stock locks up solid both folded and out
-Top rail is removable
-Trigger guard appears to be the same as an AR(I'm about to find out) </div></div>

The trigger guard is NOT interchangeable with the AR platform, unfortunately. I have a SIG 556 and a 556 pistol that I'm going to SBR.

I'm a DIEHARD AK fan, and the 556R is on my list to buy now that they supposedly got the kinks worked out.