• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Silencer Central suppressors don't buy

nmscuba

Private
Minuteman
Oct 7, 2012
Northern Michigan
They're suppressors look nice they are quiet but I was totally new to suppressors I talked to them on the phone and at the time I felt confident so I I bought a banished 30 and here are the reasons I would not buy from silence or Central

I would not buy a suppressor from this company for the following reasons. First they're 30-day guarantee is not 30 days it starts after the ATF did their approval which in my case was three weeks before I received my suppressor so I really only had one week of a 30-day guarantee

The other reason is when I bought this suppressor they never told me that I could not use it on pistols! I am totally new to suppressors he asked if I had any other firearms I told him I had some pistols he asked if I wanted to buy one for my nine millimeter but I told him no I figured they were just trying to make another $1,000 sale but after I told him no he never said you know you can't use this on anything but a rifle!

The last reason I won't buy one from them is I called them within 30 days from the day I received my suppressor to discuss the things that I mentioned above and using they're 30-day guarantee the man I talked to said I have to look into this and I'll get back with you well that was two weeks ago so I called back today to find out that they won't honor their guarantee and they tried to say it's because I was over my 30 days and because I used my 30 caliber suppressor with my 9 mm which only had eight or nine rounds put through it they never told me that I could not do any of that but that's how this company does business so I would not buy from them.

Their website clearly states the warranty period is from when the form 4 clears, and the product manual would have told you it is a rimfire and rifle can. User error, not on them.

Reactions: 92G and Needaheart
They're <Their> suppressors look nice

The other reason is when I bought this suppressor they never told me that I could not use it on pistols! I am totally new to suppressors he asked if I had any other firearms I told him I had some pistols he asked if I wanted to buy one for my nine millimeter but I told him no I figured they were just trying to make another $1,000 sale but after I told him no he never said you know you can't use this on anything but a rifle!
1614808993661.gif

Last edited:
Enjoy the Suppressor.

Its not their fault you didn't research the can a little bit further. I bet you could use it on a fixed barrel 22 pistol.

Guarantee BANISH SUPPRESSORS

If your BANISH™ Suppressor doesn’t significantly reduce the report of your firearm, as well as recoil, we’ll buy it back within 30 days – no questions asked! After your Form 4 is approved, you may return your suppressor to BANISH for a full refund in the form of a Gift Certificate (tax stamp not included). All returns must be within 30 days of your Form 4 approval date.

Come on guys, this is someone having fun with us. Think his pistol barrel was threaded the same as his thirty caliber rifle?
Good call.

The funny thing is that it sounds so much like the 1-star Amazon reviews complaining about stupid things like a camping trip ruined because they didn't know the toaster they ordered required electricity.

If someone from SC pops in and offers to replace it to make the "customer" happy, I'm calling shenanigans.

😱 :ROFLMAO: LOL! I’ve heard of sleeper agents getting activated but this I must confess is my first sleeping troll 😈.

• Haha
Reactions: lash
This is an example of someone having more dollars than sense. I don't mean this in a bad way, but some people don't do their research before buying. Not just suppressors, but everything in life. This is one of my pet peeves with folks. They think the seller of any product should know what YOUR concerns are. They should be able to predict possible misunderstandings and correct them without a peep from the buyer.

Due diligence.

it's the fact that he spelled out 9mm....

Last edited:
Reactions: FuhQ
Trolling is a dick-move. Trying to drag a good company through the mud whilst trolling is... I don't know... double-dick? Bag of dicks?

Anyway, if this guy is for real, holy shit, they tried to ask you the right questions. Maybe you should have asked a few yourself. You know, obvious ones like: "Will I be able to use this same can on my 9mm?" 🤔
I commend them for their restraint. Many would have laughed at you and told you to fuck off.

Come on guys, this is someone having fun with us. Think his pistol barrel was threaded the same as his thirty caliber rifle?

Yeah, I was trying to figure out how he mounted it. I thought maybe some sort of carbine but that thought lasted until I went through my mental list and they were all standard to their pistol equivalent caliber.

He must have used one of the 9mm to .308 adapter choke bushings, you can get them from guys that print them on their 3d printers.

Make sure you only use them on low-pressure pistol rounds, never try them on a .338 Lapua or anything, they might crack after a few hundred rounds...it's kinda hard to squeeze those big, long bullets down that far.

• Haha
Reactions: Ridgeback80
1st post since joining in 2012

I’m thinking frank has created a cache of accounts just to bring up after a while, post something completely retarded and let us have our fun and burn our best memes and energy on them. Takes a bit off the other new guys

If this a legit post then please don’t think all of us from Northern Michigan are this stupid

OP if this is serious, which I doubt it is, your suppressor isn’t rated for a pistol because a 9/40/45 cal won’t fit through a 30 cal hole (9 rounds later and it may fit now) If this doesn’t make sense try putting your wedding ring on your cock and it should clarify the situation

I’m thinking frank has created a cache of accounts just to bring up after a while, post something completely retarded and let us have our fun and burn our best memes and energy on them. Takes a bit off the other new guys

If this a legit post then please don’t think all of us from Northern Michigan are this stupid

OP if this is serious, which I doubt it is, your suppressor isn’t rated for a pistol because a 9/40/45 cal won’t fit through a 30 cal hole (9 rounds later and it may fit now) If this doesn’t make sense try putting your wedding ring on your cock and it should clarify the situation

You could be making a BIG assumption...

They're suppressors look nice they are quiet but I was totally new to suppressors I talked to them on the phone and at the time I felt confident so I I bought a banished 30 and here are the reasons I would not buy from silence or Central

I would not buy a suppressor from this company for the following reasons. First they're 30-day guarantee is not 30 days it starts after the ATF did their approval which in my case was three weeks before I received my suppressor so I really only had one week of a 30-day guarantee

The last reason I won't buy one from them is I called them within 30 days from the day I received my suppressor to discuss the things that I mentioned above and using they're 30-day guarantee the man I talked to said I have to look into this and I'll get back with you well that was two weeks ago so I called back today to find out that they won't honor their guarantee and they tried to say it's because I was over my 30 days and because I used my 30 caliber suppressor with my 9 mm which only had eight or nine rounds put through it they never told me that I could not do any of that but that's how this company does business so I would not buy from them.

God damn it must be really tough to go through life being this stupid

Actually, I've suspected the same thing. Frank, or some other long time member who can just tell when it's a boring afternoon and the regulars just need a little entertainment.

Reactions: Ridgeback80

Sorry to hear you were not satisfied with your purchase. We reviewed all communications that we had with you and it was clear on what the suppressor you purchased would or would not work on. This information is also on our website as well. Our return policies are also on our website and very clear. Thank you for choosing Silencer Central for your silencer purchase.

What?
You mean people have a responsibility to know what they are doing???
Weird.

Like people lined up to abort babies and say they didnt know they could get pregnant doin it doggy style.

To be honest, I'm surprised the original post was real. I was sure no one could really be stupid enough to put a .30 caliber device on a 9mm barrel and fire it, then publicly admit it. Guess I was wrong.

Do we pitch in for a new can for him or nah?
You can if you want. I guess it wouldn’t be much different than giving money to an overwhelming majority of political candidates. Who am I to say whether this dumb fuck is any more or less deserving of it than those dumb fucks.

I have questions, many questions, is this guy trolling for comments or did he really get a .30 cal rifle can on a pistol, and if so how? I'd like to see that, and the end cap. Anyone know the overbore on a banish 30? To the OP, yes they did tell you that you cannot shoot a .30 cal rifle can on a 9mm handgun. It is in the VERY FIRST part of the product description.

1615488660360.png

I have questions, many questions, is this guy trolling for comments or did he really get a .30 cal rifle can on a pistol, and if so how? I'd like to see that, and the end cap. Anyone know the overbore on a banish 30? To the OP, yes they did tell you that you cannot shoot a .30 cal rifle can on a 9mm handgun. It is in the VERY FIRST part of the product description.

View attachment 7579015
He went to the local hardware store and figured out the right combination of pipe thread adapters to make it work.

I assumed like you, this is just a troll putting us on. Then Silencer Central joined in, saying indeed, they have been in communication with this person, who is a actual customer. Amazing.

View attachment 7579015
Ok devils advocate here. It says rimfire to .300 weatherby, it does not specifically say no pistols. Note this is a range of calibers not firearms types. A lot of pistol caliber fall within this range. Now as far as the 9mm being a larger diameter than max allowed well someone more creative than moi will have to take over from here.

Sorry to hear you were not satisfied with your purchase. We reviewed all communications that we had with you and it was clear on what the suppressor you purchased would or would not work on. This information is also on our website as well. Our return policies are also on our website and very clear. Thank you for choosing Silencer Central for your silencer purchase.
Holy shit it’s real. I thought for sure this was a troll post.

i mean in theory and couple rounds of 45 acp down the tube and it should self clear enough it make it work with most pistol calibers.

well now that youre here, curious why your return policy starts before the person actually receives the suppressor. so technically someones return policy window can be closed before they even receive the can? Lookin at NFA tracker if you file via paper LLC / corp approval to stamp received is averaging 26 days. not alot of fudge room if the mail shows up late. not slinging mud, just curious. sure theres a good reason. Once again, not slinging mud.