• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Silencer Shop and SilencerCo present “How to Clean Your Silencer”

SilencerShop

Private
Minuteman
Sep 24, 2012
Austin, TX
www.silencershop.com
For a while, people have been asking us to review the many different methods for cleaning a silencer. We have done just that! Silencer Shop has partnered up with the source of silence, SilencerCo, to bring you a full segment on “How to Clean Your Silencer”.

SiCo’s Dewie Vieira and Josh “Beaver” Graham give you the details on various ways to clean your silencers. Diving into the difference between rimfire vs. centerfire buildup, various cleaning methods, what to look for during and after the cleaning process, and requirements for cleaning suppressors.

Click here for full video

Let us know what you think:

Are there any successful methods that we did not touch on that you would like to see?

What have you found to be the most effective suppressor cleaning method?

Are there any tools that you use to clean your silencers that we did not show?

What other videos would you like to see from us?

Hey guys I'd specifically like to see a video that uses your "range time review" format to compare at ear numbers between standard gas block, heavy buffer, agb, and a gemtech carrier using a popular can like a Nomad.

It seems like the RTR vids always use a slightly overgassed gun (which I totally get) for at ear numbers, but I'd like to see how quiet you could get it using a tuned gun.

By the way I'm on my 6th can from you guys.

Keep up the good work :)

Off topic Product suggestion, re-release updated radius. I don't think the market was ready for it back than but long range stuff shows a need.

Reactions: deersniper
Hey guys I'd specifically like to see a video that uses your "range time review" format to compare at ear numbers between standard gas block, heavy buffer, agb, and a gemtech carrier using a popular can like a Nomad.

It seems like the RTR vids always use a slightly overgassed gun (which I totally get) for at ear numbers, but I'd like to see how quiet you could get it using a tuned gun.

By the way I'm on my 6th can from you guys.

Keep up the good work :)

Lots of great ideas here! We will put them on the list. It's sometimes hard for us to break out of our "shell" and do other things, mainly due to limited capacity for video production. But, if you look at our last couple years or so on YouTube, compared to years prior, I think you'll see we've made a concerted effort to change that, so thanks for the suggestions.

I thought silencerco would monitor this page as well since your both teaming up. And you can whisper sweet nothings in their ear.

Just to clarify - I wasn't knocking you guys. I think you're killing it :)

I actually like the fact that you don't use adjustable gas blocks in most of your range time reviews.
After watching those "at ear" numbers in the range time reviews for a couple years now, I can't help but wonder how much the various tuning methods could turn that down.

I've seen Todd Magee from dead air say he runs a superlative adjustable gas block with a JP enterprises silent captured spring to get the "at ear" numbers on his ARs into the hearing safe category.

Running a Range time review with say, a Nomad as the baseline, then a Nomad with the JP SCS + well tune SA AGB in bleed-off mode would be pretty sweet.
BTW, I thought it was funny I got pinged on reddit about 2 minutes before you responded here from where you responded to my YHM R9 RTR inquiry.
Apparently y'all need a part time social media employee just to keep me under control 😂😂😂

Lots of great ideas here! We will put them on the list. It's sometimes hard for us to break out of our "shell" and do other things, mainly due to limited capacity for video production. But, if you look at our last couple years or so on YouTube, compared to years prior, I think you'll see we've made a concerted effort to change that, so thanks for the suggestions.

Just to clarify - I wasn't knocking you guys. I think you're killing it :)

I actually like the fact that you don't use adjustable gas blocks in most of your range time reviews.
After watching those "at ear" numbers in the range time reviews for a couple years now, I can't help but wonder how much the various tuning methods could turn that down.

I've seen Todd Magee from dead air say he runs a superlative adjustable gas block with a JP enterprises silent captured spring to get the "at ear" numbers on his ARs into the hearing safe category.

Running a Range time review with say, a Nomad as the baseline, then a Nomad with the JP SCS + well tune SA AGB in bleed-off mode would be pretty sweet.
BTW, I thought it was funny I got pinged on reddit about 2 minutes before you responded here from where you responded to my YHM R9 RTR inquiry.
Apparently y'all need a part time social media employee just to keep me under control 😂😂😂

Thanks, man. We try and we always love feedback and suggestions.
You're just keeping me on my toes in the forums (y)

will it hurt my 22 baffles to run them through my brass tumbler. Stainless media?