• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Silencer shop

velvetant

The winds fault
Minuteman
May 5, 2011
Northern Nevada
I see silencer shop has my can on sale, I bought it. $805 total including stamp for YHM ULT 30 TI plus comes with a second 1/2-28 qd mount free.
Now just need to go to the kiosk and see if it's really as easy as people say.
Emailed them my Trust and they said received and uploaded to my order.
Not my first can but first time using them.

And the waiting begins....lol

It really is as easy as people say. And once they have all of your digital information, you can use SiShop to submit form 4s on cans that you bought elsewhere on the net and had form 3d to your local FFL/SOT so long as they're in the SiShop network. I've done it a few times tracking down legacy Surefire cans or other brands that SiShop doesn't sell. You buy the stamp on their website for an extra 5 bucks ($205 total), have your dealer put the can in their inventory and assign it to you and SiShop does all the work. It's awesome.

I think you can do form 1s now, too, through them.

I used silencer shop for my last two form 1's and three form 4's. It's pretty impressive how simple they have made the process.

Reactions: Dan M
It really is as easy as people say. And once they have all of your digital information, you can use SiShop to submit form 4s on cans that you bought elsewhere on the net and had form 3d to your local FFL/SOT so long as they're in the SiShop network. I've done it a few times tracking down legacy Surefire cans or other brands that SiShop doesn't sell. You buy the stamp on their website for an extra 5 bucks ($205 total), have your dealer put the can in their inventory and assign it to you and SiShop does all the work. It's awesome.

I think you can do form 1s now, too, through them.
My dealer told me this week that you can also do the single shot trust with cans NOT bought through silencershop. Idk if this is true or not but he seemed pretty sure. Anyone experience this?

WOW....
That was super easy.
Took a little longer then 10 minutes, my fingerprints have always been hard to get a good scan. My DL doesn't have a strip on back so manual input.
This is definitely the only way to do this.
This old man should embrace technology and not fear it.

Correct me if I'm wrong but when you sign up through the ss kiosk all your info lasts for 2 years, then you have to go update everything again correct?

Question, I had a trust drawn up in early 2014 with my wife and daughter as trustees. So in order for me to make a purchase today I would need to submit fingerprints and passport pictures for all of us listed on the document?

Question, I had a trust drawn up in early 2014 with my wife and daughter as trustees. So in order for me to make a purchase today I would need to submit fingerprints and passport pictures for all of us listed on the document?
Yes, if you are going to use that same trust.

Alternatively, you could do another trust like the silencershop single shot trust that just has your name on it. Then only you submit prints. Then after your stamp is approved you can add your wife and daughter without them having to send in prints.

Reactions: Badfinger
They definitely made it easy for us. Plus with the whole barcode thing tines have started to go down and ATF can’t screw up anymore. Still not seeing two month wait time like in 2015/16 but not a year wait anymore.

Is the single shot trust wait time the same as an individual?
Recently as per NFA tracker it appears all trusts (single shot or other) are taking longer than individual. Just a matter if you want additional people to have access legally without you being physically present (wife, kids, etc)

Reactions: nmsheephunter
Within the last couple months, I have had 3 approved and they all took right at 6 months. Form 4 individual.

individual check cashed 2/27/18, ATF said yest expect in about 30 days

This process is very easy...so easy they make it easy to buy, buy, buy.

I took advantage of the silencerco buy one get one sale in July through silencershop. Process is so easy. Paid for everything online, went to the local FFL with the kiosk and was out in less than 10 minutes. I got bored one night and did another form 1 for an SBR. I didn't have to do anything since they had everything on file. I didn't even bother downloading their app just uploaded a selfie on their website.

I try not to go to their site much since it's so easy to buy additional items. I'm weak so I'm sure I'll buy a can for 338 and one for rimfire eventually.

So I'm having an issue with them and my trust. They say it doesn't have a beneficiary.
Two people are on it, the wife and I. We both own it and we have it set up so we both have the same privileges. Doesn't that mean if I die she is automatically the beneficiary? I already have multiple suppressors on it so I know the trust works fine. The last one was 6 months ago.

So I'm having an issue with them and my trust. They say it doesn't have a beneficiary.
Two people are on it, the wife and I. We both own it and we have it set up so we both have the same privileges. Doesn't that mean if I die she is automatically the beneficiary? I already have multiple suppressors on it so I know the trust works fine. The last one was 6 months ago.

Not necessarily. I’m not a lawyer, but in my understanding, there is a difference between a trustee and a beneficiary. Trustees usually manage the trust (money or property listed within), on behalf of the beneficiaries.

That doesn't make sense to me. We manage the trust on behalf of ourselves. No other entity evolved. I thought a beneficiary was someone that gets your stuff when you die if they are listed as such.
I'm trying to call them but with my work hours it's tough to get a hold of someone.

That doesn't make sense to me. We manage the trust on behalf of ourselves. No other entity evolved. I thought a beneficiary was someone that gets your stuff when you die if they are listed as such.
I'm trying to call them but with my work hours it's tough to get a hold of someone.
WHat you're saying makes sense to You and I but the gov plays by different rules.

Well I got lucky and wasn't on hold forever.
Talked direct with the trust department. It was more of covering all the bases kind of thing so it doesn't get kicked back. Since I had 2 suppressors approved recently they said they will push it through.
Now I'll spend the next 8 months worrying if it's going to make it or not.

My dealer told me this week that you can also do the single shot trust with cans NOT bought through silencershop. Idk if this is true or not but he seemed pretty sure. Anyone experience this?

Yessir. It requires some work on the dealer's side to manually input the information from the silencer your dealer has on hand, but we sure do support that.

A few important things:
1. Be sure to make an account so that your dealer doesn't have to input your information, which is a potential area for an error.
2. Use Silencer Shop Dealer Locator to find the nearest kiosk dealer (If your dealer doesn't have one)

If you ever have any questions give us a holler at [email protected]

Reactions: Docsherm