• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Silencerco 556 Saker

The Lawn Ranger

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 11, 2009
Northern Kentucky
Shooters,

I recently had Silencer Shop file my Form3 paperwork
for transfer to my KY dealer and wanted to hear some real world
feedback from users on this forum. I went back and forth between
this can and the SF Socom and in the end went with the Saker due to
the almost $500 savings if you include the SF mount.

I plan to use this on a DD Mk18 SBR w/ 10.3" bbl. and an LMT MRP SS w/ a 16" bbl.

Please provide any honest comments you might have in regards to
this suppressor. I am interested in durability, mount lock up, and accuracy.

Thx in advance.

Last edited:
The Trifecta mount locks up tight as a tick's twat BUT you need to lube the teeth well. The first mount I used it locked up...permanently. Silernco stood behind it and sent me a new mount which was easy enough to mount and now that I have that under my belt no problems. Suppression is good, although I have not used a meter to see how good. I am happy with my purchase and would buy it again. Hope this helps Ranger.

Why do so many people seek feedback after buying?

Anyway it's a great can. Not the absolute quietest but plenty quiet, good mounting system, and a great company behind it. If you're not happy with a Saker you probably wouldn't have been happy with any of the other class-leading 5.56 cans.

Per the priorities you listed, its a good choice. It has a very solid lock up requiring minimal maintenance compared to other QD systems. Durability is right up there with the best of the best. Accuracy wise I don't see any accuracy improvement nor do i see any negative aspects in regards to accuracy in it over the top tier 5.56 cans out there.

That said - and i should note - I also run a few differnt 5.56 cans on a 10.35" Noveske. I dont particularly like that can on the MK18 type of rigs. BUT, for me, on that specific set up, i consider suppression the top priority as the other factors just dont vary much IMO. In my experience, the Saker happens to be loud as fuck regardless of ammo choice or whatever i do to tune the rifle. The KAC QDC and even the M4-2000 are noticeably more comfortable to shoot in that regard. But if you dont really mind that, you should be pleased with the choice....

Why do so many people ask ridiculous questions?

I researched for about a month before making this choice and given the fact that I won't see this can
for close to 9 months, I wanted to hear some real world experience from fellow Hide members based on
my criteria.

that's all.

Why do so many people seek feedback after buying?

Anyway it's a great can. Not the absolute quietest but plenty quiet, good mounting system, and a great company behind it. If you're not happy with a Saker you probably wouldn't have been happy with any of the other class-leading 5.56 cans.