• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Suppressors Silencerco asr muzzle brakes.

white00gt

Private
Minuteman
Sep 16, 2013
Is anybody able to tell me the difference in the 7.62 brake and the one for the bigbore?

I ask because I was checking threads on two of my rifles today so I could order the correct thread brakes. One was my 450bushmaster which I know I need to get the 11/16x24 hybrid .46 brake. The other was my 338 lapua, which to verify 5/8x24 I took one of my 7.62 brakes and screwed it on. While it was on I noticed the hole in the brake and was curious so I miced it at .370 for the exit size. Now I didn't check the other holes, but that got me curious what the difference between the 7.62 asr brake and the harvester bigbore asr brake was if anything besides part number. I'm pretty sure a .338 pill can pass threw a .370 hole, so I was wondering if I needed to order a specific harvester bigbore brake to go with my harvester bigbore asr mount. Or if i can use my extra 7.62 brakes and just order the asr mount for my harvester.

Thanks

I couldn't get the search function to work on my phone. But I just found where somebody asked the same exact question. The response to him was the bigbore 338 brake has a bigger hole, which is a given. My question is does anybody actually know the differences? Is the .370 to .338 to tight of a tolerance? Given the 7.62 brake has let's say .062 clearance would the. 338 brake possible mic say .400 to account for possible bullet yaw or some other factors?

Reactions: Ravenyzf-r6
Interesting to know, My brakes should be here anyday. WIth your observation on the bigbore brake it will be interesting to have it and the 7.62 side by side.

The brakes came in today. Before I left the house I checked the 338bigbore. Until I get them side by side. The .46, .338, and 7.62 are all the same brake just different sized openings and threads of course. The bigbore measured in at .388 which is not really a change considering .388 is for .338, where they have a .370 for .308. I also noticed that the .46 brake with almost a half inch hole is super thin and not near as robust feeling.

I'll be putting the .46 on my bushmaster tomorrow which only has a flash hider so I expect some difference in perceived recoil. My lapua on The other hand has the factory brake which I am also curious if any difference will be noted.