• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors SilencerCo fixed it ... FOR FREE (and it was MY fault)

rustyinbend

GySgt USMC 1976-1992
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Dec 9, 2018
    Bend, Oregon
    I'm embarrassed to say that I screwed up mounting my Chimera-300 to my ASR brake, and literally shot it off my rifle. Totally my fault, and after screwing it on I remember saying to myself "Wow, that only took a couple of rotations ... I'm sure it's fine." It wasn't. I literally missed the threads, and on the first shot it launched off my MPA-300-WM and into the sand about 20 yards ahead of my bench. I was horrified. End-cap was shattered, and there was visible baffle damage. I cried real tears. Have you ever had to call a "Cease Fire" at your range, to walk 20 yards down-range to retrieve the suppressor you just destroyed? It's not fun.

I contacted SilencerCo and they gave me an RMA and return instructions. They told me they'd assess it, and let me know if it was repairable and what it would cost. I sent them the suppressor about two weeks ago using the label they provided.

My Chimera-300 just returned home ... looking brand new. Replaced baffles and end-cap ... ready to shoot.

Didn't cost me a cent. Not for repairs, not for shipping, not for a new end-cap, not for NUTHIN', and it took less than two weeks (including shipping both ways).

Did I mention it was MY FAULT?

I am super-impressed with this company, and so glad that all seven of my suppressors are from SilencerCo. I've had so many crappy experiences with firearms and accessory manufacturers, that I just had to share this absolutely fantastic support experience.

There it is ... back in "Can-Case Slot-#3" where it belongs.

IMG_4133.jpg

Nice! Hope to never have your experience, but nice to know that they are still helping customers in such a great way.

PS: Omega still sounds great after all these years!

Thanks for the report, nice to hear them doing things above and beyond.