• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Silencerco Harvester Evo?

Afkirby

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Dec 21, 2009
Mechanicsville, MD
Does anyone have any experience with the harvester evo? There isn’t a ton of info out there about it. I was thinking about grabbing one for a shorter barrel 308.

Thanks

Kirby

Does anyone have any experience with the harvester evo? There isn’t a ton of info out there about it. I was thinking about grabbing one for a shorter barrel 308.

Thanks

Kirby
How short? What is your main goal (maximum DB reduction, or flash/blast reduction)? Is there a max length and/or weight you're wanting to keep it within? Price range? I might can recommend a better option...

I think a bunch of folks were talking about the Harvester Evo coming unglued and blowing the tube and stack off the can or something? I might be confusing that with another can, but I'm pretty sure it was a Harvester. SilencerCo is a bit outdated.

How short? What is your main goal (maximum DB reduction, or flash/blast reduction)? Is there a max length and/or weight you're wanting to keep it within? Price range? I might can recommend a better option...

I think a bunch of folks were talking about the Harvester Evo coming unglued and blowing the tube and stack off the can or something? I might be confusing that with another can, but I'm pretty sure it was a Harvester. SilencerCo is a bit outdated.
The harvester evo is a tubeless design, 6.2” and 10.8 oz. That might be the original harvester or maybe the omega that was separating the welded core from the glued outer tube.

I’m looking for something similar to a Thunder Beast Ultra 7 without the price tag. I’m not looking for ultimate signature reduction, but something that will sound decent while not adding a ton of weight to the end of the gun.

The harvester evo is a tubeless design, 6.2” and 10.8 oz. That might be the original harvester or maybe the omega that was separating the welded core from the glued outer tube.

I’m looking for something similar to a Thunder Beast Ultra 7 without the price tag. I’m not looking for ultimate signature reduction, but something that will sound decent while not adding a ton of weight to the end of the gun.
Gotcha covered... One of the quietest and lightest cans in its length class, and it sounds amazing. Very smooth tone and not harsh on the ears.

Awesome can, from a great new company that's hanging in there with the big boys, and a great group of folks running it. I have 4 of their cans now and helped them do pre-production T&R for the Hydrogen series I linked above. So far, of the OCL cans, I have a Hydro-L 7.62, ,Hydro-S 7.62, Hydro-S 6.5mm, and Polonium 5.56 can so far. They are all impressive. Customer service is top-notch, and they actually care about their customers compared to some companies out there (not TBAC, TBAC are great cans and company). They might be a relatively new company, but they're making serious waves in the industry right out of the gate with amazing cans. Anyone who's shot one or heard one in person will tell you that all the hype about OCL cans being top-tier in every way is real. They also make cans for other companies under their own names, so they'll be around a LONG time. They're not planning on going anywhere anytime soon. And they have a full lifetime warranty. 👍🏼

If you want to hear how it sounds and compared to several other different cans from other companies I have tons of videos on my YT channel. It might help you make up your mind. Which is the whole reason I started my channel, to help others who might want to actually hear a can before they buy one to help makeup their mind. I'm not a pro or trying to be famous, or sponsored by anyone, just a guy shooting guns for fun, and recording it while I'm doing it.

Last edited:
I have an Evo. I consider it a "middle" suppressor for me. Its not light hunter or big hard use. And its good in that space. Might have some comparison videos on my phone. Will PM you.

Reactions: Afkirby

I'd be looking at this guy, if weight is the main concern.

I have one. I use it on my 18” 6.5 CM and 16” 308. It works OK, but I don’t have a TBAC, OCL, etc to compare it to. I’m sure there are quieter options and lighter options, but for me it does enough at a reasonable price. I don’t get too hung up on a dB or two one way or the other as I still wear ear protection at the range anyway. Hopefully it doesn’t fall apart at the seams, but we’ll see. :LOL:

Reactions: Afkirby