• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Silencerco Hybrid 46M, YHM RESONATOR R2 or TBAC ULTRA 9

RandyM

Minuteman
Jun 5, 2009
Seabrook, TX
Looking to add a 30 cal. can for hunting, 308 and 300 Win Mag. Anyone have pros/cons for these 3?

Skip the hybrid for a dedicated .30 Cal can, if have one and it works by my Dead Air Nomad-30 is shorter, lighter and quieter. It now get relegated to my 45-70 and smokeless muzzleloader

The Ultra 9 is a good choice and quiet but long for a hunting gun. I have not used it personally but PEW science and Ray have metered it next to the Nomad-L that I do have and it’s right there with it.

I have no experience with the YHM so no opinions on that.

Reactions: RandyM
These are wildly different silencers. I wouldn't recommend the 46 hybrid for anything but something along the lines of a 45-70.

What are you looking for? A hunting can for a bolt gun? Do you really want a 9" silencer for that?

I'd personally look at these

Dead air Nomad ti
Diligent defense Enticer s ti
Liberty precision machine Anthem S or K
CGS Hyperion K
CGS Helios ti qd

Last edited:
Reactions: kthomas and RandyM
I have a Hyrbid with a 30 cal end cap on it. It works well in both direct thread and with a Keymo mount. Never had any issues with it in terms of accuracy wise. It wouldn't make too bad of a choice for a multi cal suppressor.

I also have a Ultra 9. A couple of friends have them as well. About the best precision suppressor on the market IMO and great customer support too. If it was for a hunting gun, I would probably go to the Ultra 7 for a more compact setup.

I’ve been using the ultra 9 for several years now. Mainly open field hunting. Works excellent for that. If your hunting in brush or from a blind something shorter would be appreciated.

Or instead of say running a 24” barrel and can on say a 308, run a 20” or shorter if your hunting is generally inside 500 yards. That leaves enough room for the longer cans.

I’ll also note that now that I have a handful of different cans and methods of attachment I have come to appreciate the direct thread on my ultra 9. Especially for bolt guns.

Looking to add a 30 cal. can for hunting, 308 and 300 Win Mag. Anyone have pros/cons for these 3?
Top suggestions (in no particular order)...

Otter Creek labs Hydrogen-S or Hydrogen-L
Dead Air Nomad-Ti or Nomad-LT
TBAC Dominus or Magnus

Last edited:
The R2 is a lot of can for the money. I don’t have the others, but would not hesitate to add another R2 (or other YHM can) to the stable if the need arises. It punches right there with the dead air nomad that I have.

May want to give it a little bit to see what is released/announced at SHOT show. YHM is just releasing a T3 so I would expect an R3 to be coming soon.

The R2 is a lot of can for the money. I don’t have the others, but would not hesitate to add another R2 (or other YHM can) to the stable if the need arises. It punches right there with the dead air nomad that I have.
Is that the Nomad L or the Nomad 30? I am looking for a can that will outperform my omega 300. Wondering if the R2 will be more quiet than the Omega? According to pew science the Nomad 30 and the Omega seem similar.

Is that the Nomad L or the Nomad 30? I am looking for a can that will outperform my omega 300. Wondering if the R2 will be more quiet than the Omega? According to pew science the Nomad 30 and the Omega seem similar.
Nomad 30.

That's not a difficult task for the modern cans.

That's not a difficult task for the modern cans.

According to pew science omega 300 and nomad 30 are very close in suppression

If you notice, I didn’t post a link to a Nomad-30…
I did. The nomad30 was part of my original question.
The modern cans that outperform are mostly much bigger cans. At least what I've found. But I'm doing some research.

Reactions: FuhQ
The modern cans that outperform are mostly much bigger cans. At least what I've found. But I'm doing some research.
Are you wanting to stick to around a 7” can? If so, the OCL Hydrogen-S 7.62 is very impressive for its size. It even beat the TBAC Ultra 7 Gen2 in their independent & unbiased testing at the Silencer Summit. Also, they sell for only about $850. Worth looking into. 👍🏼

Are you wanting to stick to around a 7” can? If so, the OCL Hydrogen-S 7.62 is very impressive for its size. It even beat the TBAC Ultra 7 Gen2 in their independent & unbiased testing at the Silencer Summit. Also, they sell for only about $850. Worth looking into. 👍🏼
Cool! That does sound good. Definitely check it out. Thanks!

Reactions: FuhQ

Liberty Precision machine Anthem S
CGS HELIOS QD TI
Diligent Defense Enticer S ti

Would you buy a can of you stood a 1:100 chance of the suppressor blowing apart due to manufacturing defects and the resulting customer service/ repair to take months? I would avoid the Nomad just based on that alone. Wouldn't even be in the decision tree. Diligent Defense, OCL, TBAC if you're rating the suppressors by their manufacturer credibility. And each company has a version of the can you're looking for. 5", 7", 9", K,S,L, steel, Ti, etc.

Have 2 R2's and would buy another, it does everything very well and punches well above its weight. One is a do all, and the other lives on a 300 WSM. As quiet as my Hydrogen S. No experience with the 46M and TBAC 9 personally.
The 2023 silencer Summit thread has some good hard data to compare.

Have 2 R2's and would buy another, it does everything very well and punches well above its weight. One is a do all, and the other lives on a 300 WSM. As quiet as my Hydrogen S. No experience with the 46M and TBAC 9 personally.
The 2023 silencer Summit thread has some good hard data to compare.
I have 2 of the R2s as well and have zero complaints abt them.