• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SilencerCo is hiring machinists

SilencercoJames

Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
May 30, 2008
kearns, ut, 84118
Silencerco in West Valley City, Utah is hiring machinists for night shift.

CNC Machine Operator

Full Time Employee
Jul 5, 2012 (closes Aug 31, 2012)
Job Description
Silencerco is a a leading manufacturer in the silencer/suppressor industry. We offer a fast paced and rewarding work environment. We are growing business looking for career minded individuals that want to grow along with us. We are looking for self motivated individuals who want to be challenged, are detail oriented and take pride in their work.

We are currently looking for CNC Machine Operators to work the swing shift from 3:00 p.m. until midnight, mondays through fridays with some weekend shifts available.

We currently use vertical mills, horizontal mills, lathes and integrated mill turn centers.
Requirements
Minimum Qualifications:
High School Diploma or GED.
The ability to read and understand blueprints.
The ability to properly use measuring tools such as calipers, micrometers and go/no-go gauges.
The ability to safely use saws, grinders and other hand tools.
Basic math skills.
Some experience with mills, lathes or similar machines.
Be able to pass a drug screen and a background check.
**Individuals with felony convictions or domestic violence convictions are not eligible.

Preferred Qualifications:
Experience operating CNC mills, lathes or mill turn centers.
Experience with hand coding CNC programs using basic G codes and M Codes.
Experience programming CNC machines.
Experience designing with 3D CAD/CAM programs.
Knowledge of firearms and suppressors.

Pay is dependent up on experience.

Please send your resume, including a way to contact you, to [email protected].
How to Apply
Phone: 801-417-5384
Email: [email protected]

Please send resume to [email protected]

Re: SilencerCo is hiring machinists

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Killer Spade 13</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sure do wish Y'all would move down here to Georgia!!! </div></div>

Second.

Please post pic of Georgia peach. Not lookin for fruit eather. We got that crap here in commifornia.

are you looking for machinists or button pushers? i mean, i've worked a VF3 by both loading the programs and pushing "go", and by hand writing programs to do things like engraving and carving soft-jaws.
there's a bit of a difference between a machinist and a machine operator. it's like the difference between a recreational shooter that stretches to 1000 yards and a seasoned SEAL sniper (ok, maybe not that blatant, but you understand)

having said that, i'd be TOTALLY interested, but i've got a crappy job allowing me access to a range whenever i'd like. and a shop that'll take me back any time i ask (prototyping for the medical industry is a LOT of fun)

We are looking for both machinists and operators. Send your resume to Aaron as posted above.

Man, just one more reason calling out to me to leave L.A. sounds like good jobs with a good company. I enjoyed myself during my visit to Utah last Feb. too. Too bad I'm stuck here for another year. Have experience on VF2 and VF4 and a TL2 along with MasterCAM, SolidWorks.

Well give us a ring if you decide to leave L.A. We have all mori seiki machines and use solidworks and feature cam.

Hey, I'm a graduate of the L.S. Starrett tool makers course. My Daddy taught me the machinist trade while I was but just a boy. Went into plastic injection mold making. Went to work with a degree and experience with DoAll and was recruited/seduced by Starrett. Shot on the UGA rifle team. Flew choppers in Viet Nam. Don't miss work, don't get sick and don't show up drunk.

I have no experienced needed for this position, however I do own a couple of your products and I stayed at a Holiday Inn the other night.

I will wait patiently by the mail box for my first pay check.

Thanks in advance.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 0481</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Please post pic of Georgia peach. Not lookin for fruit eather. We got that crap here in commifornia. </div></div>

1eYmFs.AuSt.70.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kodiak61</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have no experienced needed for this position, however I do own a couple of your products and I stayed at a Holiday Inn the other night.

I will wait patiently by the mail box for my first pay check.

Thanks in advance. </div></div>

I meant to quote. still funny!