• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision SilencerCo Radius Mounting

nightvisiondude721

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Dec 28, 2020
Arizona
Calling all SiCo radius users. What do you guys use to ensure the unit is mounted as solid as possible. I took mine out for the first time last night for use and found that the unit would shift its zero quite a bit through use. It seems when I grasp the unit and rock it back and forth, it moves quite a bit. Is there a way to use set screws or something to secure the unit to the mount once the zero is established?

Pic of my current long range night setup for viewing pleasure.

Attachments

• 0C364B03-7740-433A-8A57-BDE8BDCA3462.jpeg
    0C364B03-7740-433A-8A57-BDE8BDCA3462.jpeg
    129.5 KB · Views: 71
you should definitely mount it at 12 oclock on a raptar rail/diving board type mount. the unit retains zero the best and the beam divergence/shape is best designed to be used mounted horizontal vs vertical sideways as you have it.

Reactions: stefan73
you should definitely mount it at 12 oclock on a raptar rail/diving board type mount. the unit retains zero the best and the beam divergence/shape is best designed to be used mounted horizontal vs vertical sideways as you have it.

if its correctly zero'd, why does it matter? i have mine at 9 oclock and have no issues with it. the Radius is not small and takes up a ton of real estate on the top rail when a clip-on is used.

it also locks up very tight. i need to see if there is an adjustment for the lock.

if you have nv and look at the beam footprint you will answer your own question. it is shaped like this --- when mounted correctly and when vertical its obviously the other way. the beam will be much more accurate at ranging when horizontal. you have a fair amount of ground or article skip if ranging towards the ground or hill etc.

Reactions: jwramp and Ksracer
if you have nv and look at the beam footprint you will answer your own question. it is shaped like this --- when mounted correctly and when vertical its obviously the other way. the beam will be much more accurate at ranging when horizontal. you have a fair amount of ground or article skip if ranging towards the ground or hill etc.

Yes i noticed it having this beam shape as well, and I can see where it will be better mounted horizontally. I gues my original question is that the unit seems to have a lot of slop in it, where the actual mount to the rail is solid, but between the mount and the unit (all the hardware that allows for adjustments), there is a lot of slop and movement. Is there any way to reduce this? Shims?

thats part of the overall design. i have noted being mounted at 12 it will retain zero much better. i presume this is due to the way the weight rides in the chassis/spring mount. i have not modified the units i have. i simply randomly check them on target. if you are using them with true nv this is a non issue. just look at the beam pulse.

Yeah I was using the beam visual check with night vision and it was working just fine, I will have to get a diving board setup to try running it that way. I was hoping to make the mounting a little more secure so that I could use the rangefinder during the day without the IR or visible laser feedback, and be confident with results. I’ll get it mounted up top and give that a try. Thanks for the advice and input.

Reactions: stefan73
I still have mine mounted on the side and it's been pretty reliable out past 600yds on coyotes. Meaning I'm ranging the coyote and not something else, but I can see where that tall narrow beem would tend to give multiple readings. I use the visible laser to mark kills if I walk out to get them and it seems to hold zero pretty well.

Just out of curiosity since I don't have NV, how large is the beam at farther distances?
Screenshot_20211230-231730.png

I still have mine mounted on the side and it's been pretty reliable out past 600yds on coyotes. Meaning I'm ranging the coyote and not something else, but I can see where that tall narrow beem would tend to give multiple readings. I use the visible laser to mark kills if I walk out to get them and it seems to hold zero pretty well.

Just out of curiosity since I don't have NV, how large is the beam at farther distances?View attachment 8108309

why are you running a radius and a halo xrf at the same time?

It's published as 0.5 mrad (1.75 MOA) tall by 1.85 mrad (6.35 MOA) wide
Thanks for the info. That's a lot wider (taller in my case) than I was expecting.
why are you running a radius and a halo xrf at the same time?
It's an old pic. The LRF in the Halo wasn't working and I wanted to get some hunting in on my time off. I switched to a clip-on shortly after that.

Reactions: Killswitch Engage