• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Silencerco Sparrow:

Killer Spade 13

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 28, 2011
Roswell, Ga.
I think it is a given that the Sparrow, with standard velocity .22 LR rounds makes no sound at all, but what can I expect with HV rounds?

I think it is a given that the Sparrow, with standard velocity .22 LR rounds makes no sound at all, but what can I expect with HV rounds?

From a barrel longer than 4.5" you will hear the supersonic "crack" as the bullet breaks the sound barrier. Also if shooting semi auto you will hear action noise and ejection port pop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

depending on weather, surroundings etc, sometimes i hear a faint little pop with my 16" bolt rifle. other than that, it's pretty quiet. CLICK.......................TING! as far as HV, you still hear the crack. it is still annoying to the hippy neighbors and they will complain about the noise. ask me how i know. :)

on my ruger MKII, the CCI SV and the misc HV ammo i have sound the same as fungun mentioned. so i don't waste SV in a pistol.