• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Silencerco SPEQ program

stillbuster

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 14, 2008
Tupelo, MS
I have a question?
I went in to a dealer on 12.27.17
Submitted all paperwork, paid for Stamp and suppressor using the kiosk.

I have an email from Silencershop acknowledging payment for my Stamp.

The dealer advised since I was buying the can through the SPEQ program they did not have the SN#.
They explained I should expect an email in about 2 weeks that I would sign electronically which would then start my wait time.

Is anyone else here familiar with this?

Was your process delayed waiting on a SN# because you were purchasing via SiCo SPEQ?

I went through SPEQ and knew my number immediately.....They had to have it sitting on the shelf before they could sell it to me.

Thanks for the replies.

I guess it’s my own dumbassery for doing so. But I probably should have told them call me when the suppressor comes in and we will do the paperwork.

I was standing at the counter looking at the Omega that I thought I was paying for.

Last edited:
I just wanted to give an update.
This is my first time buying a “stamped” item.
I went by my retailer today for clarification.
I was advised that they had contacted SiCo this morning. My suppressor was in line to be manufactured. There is a back log due to facts that have come to light in the past couple of weeks with SiCo re-structuring, SHOT Show and SiCo working with SilencerShop again.
Once made it would be shipped to the retailer.
Retailer would then document SN# and add it to Tax Stamp to then be submitted to ATF.

Apparently no one else had any issues with SPEQ purchases, such is my luck SNAFU.

I have had a similar experience. I am waiting on a Speq suppressor to be made by SilencerCo and my dealer didn't want or expect me to pay for the thing until it was made and shipped. You just have the cart a little further before the horse than my dealer was comfortable doing. I don't think you have any real issues though.

Reactions: stillbuster
I have had a similar experience. I am waiting on a Speq suppressor to be made by SilencerCo and my dealer didn't want or expect me to pay for the thing until it was made and shipped. You just have the cart a little further before the horse than my dealer was comfortable doing. I don't think you have any real issues though.

Thanks. That lets me know the “manufactured specifically for SPEQ SN#” isn’t just BS.