• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SilencerShop vs e-file to form 1 a pistol?

Odysseus1911

Piled higher and Deeper
Minuteman
Feb 14, 2019
Arkansas
I'm thinking about doing a form 1. I've heard you can use SilencerShop to file your form 1, which would be convenient as they already have my prints and photo from a silencer purchase. But I've also heard doing it through them can be a lot slower than e-file. Anyone with recent experience using SS to form 1 a gun?

Last edited:
SilencerShop has suspended this service. But you can order a copy of your prints from them in case you need a set. They are in the correct format for ATF paper or efile….either submittal the prints and your pictures have to be snail mailed in to them. If you need help filling out the paperwork there are tutorials online. Good luck.

Reactions: Odysseus1911
SS dose not do f1 any longer. Request a few sets of prints from SS and you can download your photo from SS website. Wait until you have your fingerprints in hand then submit your form1. Send your prints priority mail with tracking/delivery confirmation. The prints need to be in .govs hands within 10days.

I did my form 1 conversion to SBR the old fashioned way and rolled my own prints with cards obtained through ATF for free. E-file was simple and easy (pre-new efile) and it was stamped in 65 days which I was very happy with.