• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Silly Question

Skeld1

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 20, 2010
Maine
Is there such a thing as the LR-308 Pmags in a color other than black?

Re: Silly Question

I have read that the other colors are not as strong as the black polymer, it doesn't effect performance in the AR-15 mags but does effect the larger .308 Mags, that's why they only do black.

HOWEVER - I don't work for them so what I read could be rumor.

It does track though because there'd definitely be a market for FDE LR-.308 P-Mags.

Nope..As stated above, I would Krylon or Duracoat..That being said, I'm sure FDE will come out soon with the increasing popularity of the AR-10 platform

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: oldirtdog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...I'm sure FDE will come out soon with the increasing popularity of the AR-10 platform </div></div>

Nope...like Henry Ford said, you can have it in any color you like...as long as its black! Magpul has stated repeatedly that for a variety of reasons, black is and will be the only color for the 20LR PMAGs. Now, at some point off in the distant future if they feel like putting the money into more R&D on strengthening the polymer for additional colors or if they feel that there is some enormous demand for other colors that will offset their investment in such products...maybe they'll reconsider. But don't lay awake at night in anticipation.

There is a way to dye the plastic but it also weakens the magazine.
I believe a google search will put you in the right direction on how to do this. When I was out in Virginia, I met up with a guy at the Quantico range that had done this. Pretty good results as well.

Dyeing a BLACK PMAG, regardless of whether its for a .223/5.56 or its bigger brother, will not work well at ALL. You can dye lighter colored mags and often achieve the desired effect with some trial and error, but you aren't going to be able to get LIGHTER colored mags out of BLACK with your average RIT dye application, etc. Some have suggested that you can "bleach" darker mags, but I personally wouldn't try it as you are likely going to weaken the polymer and cause yourself more problems than its worth unless you aren't worried about mag strength and just care if the collars and cuffs match on your range toy.
wink.gif

The only way to go for getting different colored 20LR PMAGs is with paint/coating.

Well, that's fine, I'll stick with black. Just picked one up this weekend and it seems pretty nice compared to the DPMS 20 round mags that came with my gun.

I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something in my searching.
smile.gif