• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Silver Scope Rail?

jarred15801

Private
Minuteman
Dec 8, 2008
I have a Savage Model 12, short action, with a round receiver. It has a stainless barrel and i would like to put a silver or stainless scope rail on top if it. All i can seem to find are black rails or normal bases that are silver. Please let me know if you know where i can find this. Thank you.

Re: Silver Scope Rail?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jarred15801</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a Savage Model 12, short action, with a round receiver. It has a stainless barrel and i would like to put a silver or stainless scope rail on top if it. All i can seem to find are black rails or normal bases that are silver. Please let me know if you know where i can find this. Thank you. </div></div>
<span style="font-weight: bold">NEAR Manufacturing</span> makes <span style="font-weight: bold">stainless steel M1913 Picatinny Rails</span> for the Savage SA Roundtop. They are available in Nitrided Matte Black Oxide (standard) or Matte Stainless finish. <span style="font-weight: bold">The standard rails are 25 MOA</span>, but if you want something other than 25 MOA <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">NEAR also makes custom rails in 10, 25, 45, 75</span></span> so you can get exactly what you want. They are also available with TORX mounting hardware in 6x48 or 8x40.

The NEAR Rails are well thought-out and executed with precision. Look at the chamferred edges and the way those edges flow around the radiused corners. The are working pieces of art. The price ($175.00) is commensurate with the design and quality.

Keith