• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Silver State Armory ammunition

Tikkad

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 3, 2010
Abilene texas
I was at my local gun shop earlier today trying to pick up some FGM match 308 ammo. The owner told me he was out but started telling me about some other ammo that he had. It is made by Silver State Armory they had 150 grain FMJ's and some other loads. After looking at some 168Gr Sierra's he told me to just take a box and give him my honest opinion. I was excited I plan on going to shoot it this weekend.

I was wondering if anyone else has shot this stuff and what they thought?

1329431189.jpg

Re: Silver State Armory ammunition

I have shot a lot of their 6.8 ammo loaded with 110 grain sierra prohunter. Shoots as good or better than all the hornady stuff I've tried and they are no slouch.

Silver State Ammo is legit. I feed my 6.8 spc II ar SSA Ammo and never have had a single jam. Extremely accurate, good product. They also make very good brass, its great stuff to reload.

i appreciate the feedback and im glad to know about this stuff the price isnt half bad not to mention being given a free trial!

I got 100 rounds from Palmetto when I ordered some other items. I have not had a chance to shoot them yet. They definitely look high quality, and I'm glad to see the positive feedback.

I was extremely pleased with these loads. This is a 10 round group using silver state armory 168gr SMK factory ammo. Due to weather I had to shoot out of a barn after trying to wait the weather out for a coupe of hours. Conditions were 40 degrees and raining with a varying wind in the course of a minute I had cross winds anywhere from 6mph up to 14mph on the kestrel. the target ended up being 108 yards. But I figured that's close enough

1329600894.jpg

I have shot a lot of there 6.8 match ammo and it is pretty accurate.

Had a case of 6.8 that was blowing primers. Called them and had a new case at my house a few days later. Apparently they had issues with Stag chambers that was corrected after I bought mine. Stand up company the best I can tell.

it isnt half bad on animals either. I would prefer not to use Sierra's when hunting if at all possible but all i had was 2 of these bad boys left so i took them hunting. They killed 3 pigs averaging 200 pounds a piece

I use Silver State Armory for my 6.8's and it has been nothing but accurate and consistent. I have never tried their 308's. I might have to give them a try too.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Had a case of 6.8 that was blowing primers. Called them and had a new case at my house a few days later. Apparently they had issues with Stag chambers that was corrected after I bought mine. Stand up company the best I can tell. </div></div>

I thought I had heard of a problem when I was looking into getting a 6.8spc. But as mentioned above if I read correctly it was a chamber issue not the ammo. Those are some impressive groups guys looks like excellent preforming ammo to me. If I hadn't just picked up 800 rounds of 175's from Southwest ammo Id have to try some but I think Im good for a while.