• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Simple inlet question - Templar SA and 700 SA

9H_Cracka

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 15, 2005
WAY off base (COS CO)
Question - if I have a McM stock inletted for the Templar SA, will a M700 SA work without modification in that inlet? If not, what modifications would need to be made to the stock?

Thanks.

Re: Simple inlet question - Templar SA and 700 SA

to be more specific, I think you can get by with just moving the recoil lug inlet back by 1/4", and then whatever you need to do to make sure there is clearance between the swept handle and the straight handle inlet in the stock (usually can be done without too much issue with a small file, but it won't look factory). The loading port may not match perfectly, but it will be unlikely to interfere with the Rem action.

Dave

Well, this is the opposite of the original poster's question, but GAP is putting a Templar SA (7WSM) in my Manners stock that's inletted for a 700SA and they didn't mention anything other than an exact fit.

They will bed it in there for you I am guessing, and you won't be able to see the difference between the two recoil lug inlets. The straight handle will work just fine in the swept inlet. I am guessing they will also need to do a relief for the bolt release in this case.

Dave

Thanks Dave.