• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Fieldcraft Matches Simple tripod carrying handle

Feildcraft style Matches

canezach

House of Chingasos
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 18, 2014
    Colorado
    I wasn't sure where to put this, but since my idea stemmed from carrying my tripod at field matches, I figured this would be as good a place as any.

For years, I've been looking for a way to carry my tripod during matches. I've tried slinging my rifle and tossing the tripod over a shoulder. I've tried collapsing the tripod and stowing it on/in my ruck. I tried a different strap system. I wasn't really a fan of any of those. They all worked, but each had their own drawback. I wanted a way to carry my tripod with the legs extended so I could just spread the legs and get set up, but I also wanted something that allowed me to "grab and go". Here's my simple, yet elegant solution:

It's a simple backstrap with two velcro straps at each end and two handles made of webbing. Extend the tripod legs to your desired height, strap the backstrap onto a leg, and when you need to me move, all you have to do is bring the legs together so the handles wrap around the legs, and go! When

18E75310-D4F2-4473-B42C-16F4589FFC75.jpeg

79F723E6-F4E3-4B5E-894C-DACC7869C777.jpeg

A909447D-D897-406B-AA15-B537DBE1450E.jpeg

All my thanks to @SonoranPrecision who turned my concept into a finished product. If you look at the pics, you'll see the first pic shows the velcro system, while the other two are using shock cord. If you're just using your tripod for spotting, shock cord is the way to go, in my opinion. It cinched up really tight and kept the backstrap from slipping. The only downside is you can't manipulate the leg locks easily, so if you have to adjust your tripod on the clock, it's much easier to loosen the locks with the velcro system.