• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Simply the Best..... She was...

FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

Reactions: Alphatreedog

images

Rest in Heaven Anna Mae

Reactions: Dogtown

images

Rest in Heaven Anna Mae

Of course, my favorite song of hers in that context:

I actually watched the movie, "Thunderdome...." and liked her performance. I also liked that it had an "Australian flavor" to it as the kids talked about the person who "does the tell." It's where I first learned that context of the word "tell" and how I would come to know it even better when starting to play poker :).

Rest easy, Tina. We will do the tell, henceforth.

Last edited:
Reactions: Duc
Another classic of hers I liked was this one:

If you're a "Miami Vice" fan, you'll recall where this was used in the show. It was the closing theme used after Crocket and Tubbs travel to the Bahamas to capture/arrest "Calderone" and Tubbs falls in love with (and later on we dscover he impregnates) a woman he discovers later is Calderone's daughtter, Angelina. Crocket and Tubbs have a shoot out with Calderone in Angelina's presence, killing him and sending her Cray-cray. As Crocket and Tubbs leave the Bahamas, they play this.

Reactions: Lightning8
She had a really difficult start to her life and overcame so many obstacles. She was so talented and touched millions of people. Rest in peace.

She was one of a kind and is a legend.
RIP, Ms. Turner.

OIP.NyffvCBbniZ7eYGqw17bDwAAAA

"Ain't we a pair, Raggedy Man?"

God bless Tina Turner and her family, though I was sad when she renounced her US citizenship.

But she had the great voice and legs that went all the way and made an ass out of themselves.

Although I did see a good impersonation of her. Actor Reno Wilson played Officer Carlton McMillan on "Mike & Molly" and his version of "Proud Mary" is nearly an exact recreation. In uniform, too.

I seen her live a couple of times and loved it.God rest her soul.

Tina Turner is one of the last greats, before the age looks before talent and auto-tune. She crossed over many boundaries and was a R&B and Rock legend. I never saw her live, but friends who did, said is was spectacular. I will miss her.

Another classic of hers I liked was this one:

If you're a "Miami Vice" fan, you'll recall where this was used in the show. It was the closing theme used after Crocket and Tubbs travel to the Bahamas to capture/arrest "Calderone" and Tubbs falls in love with (and later on we dscover he impregnates) a woman he discovers later is Calderone's daughtter, Angelina. Crocket and Tubbs have a shoot out with Calderone in Angelina's presence, killing him and sending her Cray-cray. As Crocket and Tubbs leave the Bahamas, they play this.

I actually found the clips where this happens...

First, where Calderone is killed. (This is the original because the machine gun noise is still in "mono" and not "Stereo."

And, this is the scene shortly thereafter where the police are arresting the former Bahamian chief linked to Calderone and we are hearing Tina singing "What's love got to do with it."

It is interesting to note the rare continuity flaw in the show. Earlier we see Angelina going cray-cray (full melt down) over witnessing her father's death, but 2-3 hours later she is talking calmly to Tubbs as if nothing ever happened. Had it happened to me, I don't think I could come down from that so quickly.

Anyway, that's where the Tina Turner song was used in Miami Vice.

P.S. As it turns out, the actress playing Angelina, Phanie Napoli, was only featured in one other episode in the following season and then quickly retired from acting... primarily because her family objected to the sex scene she did with Tubbs. My understanding is, she never acted again after Miami Vice and her IMDB entry is evidence of that.

Last edited:
But she's 13%.

Whats Love got to do with it?

RIP