• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Simrad KN203 FAB manual and light shield

Trekker111

Private
Minuteman
Jun 26, 2021
South Carolina
So as the thread title suggests, I am in search of a manual, digital or hard copy, for a Simrad KN203 FAB. Also, if anyone has a line of a stray light shield I am searching for one of those as well.

I have 2 of these units on loan from DOD but they came literally wrapped in bubble wrap with nothing else, and one unit does not have a stray light shield.

All my efforts to resin cast one from the one I do have, has failed, and I'm about to just pay a machinist to make one, or attempt to make a cloth one similar to the ones used with inline clip-ons.

I have searched the internet high and low and cannot find a manual, not even one for sale.

@wigwamitus might have a copy of the manual he can email you. If not, I may be able to throw a file together. Though It would probably be a while before I could get to it, because of work.

So as the thread title suggests, I am in search of a manual, digital or hard copy, for a Simrad KN203 FAB. Also, if anyone has a line of a stray light shield I am searching for one of those as well.

I have 2 of these units on loan from DOD but they came literally wrapped in bubble wrap with nothing else, and one unit does not have a stray light shield.

All my efforts to resin cast one from the one I do have, has failed, and I'm about to just pay a machinist to make one, or attempt to make a cloth one similar to the ones used with inline clip-ons.

I have searched the internet high and low and cannot find a manual, not even one for sale.

Last edited:
@wigwamitus might have a copy of the manual he can email you. If not, I may be able to throw a file together. Though It would probably be a while before I could get to it, because of work.
Yes, he has a digital one for sure as he sent me one 👍. Let me know what you figure out for a light shield. Maybe a good 3D printer could replicate. I’d like to shorten mine about 1/5” but don’t want to ruin it in the process

Its totally possible to use kn203 without light shield ... even necessary to use without light shield with long scopes. If too much light that needs to be shielded, use other means, like tape.

OP can PM me for e-manual.

Last edited:
Reactions: Glassaholic
most times we removed the light shroud from the 203's and 253's. they simply weren't made to be used with much beyond the mk4/unertl type optics.

Yep, I pulled them off unless it was going on an optic with a small objective lens diameter. Depending on the day optic, you could also just buy a cheap sunshade and cut to desired length if needed. There were at least two different sizes of stray light shields made for them back in the day, but I have no idea where you are going to find one since SPA is gone. Mine felt like a delrin-ish type of material.