• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sin City Precision Rifle Challenge RESULTS

LVshooter

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 10, 2003
Las Vegas NV
Scores
Jason C 1016.6
Phil H 959.1
Randall R 920.8
VU P912.2
Steve M 909.7
John R 900.9
Richard E 885.8
Ryan K 885.0
Brian E 846.5
Larry K 807.8
Mike M 765.6
Steve E 760.6
Tim M 760.5
Hugh T 749.7
Jason B 742.0
John K 739.4
Chuck N 735.1
Tucker B 704.9
Joseph V 690.2
Gordon B 658.8
Bob G 639.2
Justin W 623.7
Clint S 618.8
Gary M 607.1
Seth R 603.8
Stephen W 603.1
Andrew A 597.2
Geordie R 576.3
Brad B 510.9
Wes C 469.4
Scott M (Tim's Brother) 429.2
Michael C 365.5
Bruno N 333.5
Hope you guys had a good time.
I will post more later.

Re: Sin City Precision Rifle Challenge

Thanks for a great match Kurt and crew. Excellent work.

I learned some very important lessons this match.

-Vegas and hangover are now synonymous in my book.

-For my rifle, trim brass EVERY time unless you want a 1.5 minute zero shift and 4 zeroed stages.

Good to see everyone. Congrats to Jason on the win.

Thanks to the Vegas crew for putting in the many volunteer hours to put this match together. The work was much appreciated as I'm sure all competitiors had a great time.

That prize table was unlike any other.. it's the kind of "out of box" thinking that I like to see (and feel.. just kidding?).

Now the next question is what to get with that USO Cert and what to put it on..

First I would like to thank all that helped run the match,Bear, Werner, Rodger, Mark, Victor, Tod, Ben, Justin, Randy, and Tina. This would not have happened without all their great help.Thanks a lot. Also tahnks to some of the shooters that helped with the set and tear down.
Also thanks to all the shooters for being ready and helping make things run smooth. You guys were great. Saw some good shooting out there. Congratulations to all the top shooters. Great job.

And of course a special thanks to the sponsers for their generous donations to the prize table. Please support them and let them know we are gratfull for their support.

John at US Optics
http://www.usoptics.com/

Scott at Specialized Dynamics
http://www.specializeddynamics.com/

John at Brassman Brass
http://store.valueweb.com/servlet/brassma1/StoreFront

Tom at Tactical Solutions
http://www.tacticalsol.com/store/pc/home.asp

Wade at Bell and Carlson
http://www.bellandcarlson.com/

Tony at Impact Data books
http://www.impactdatabooks.com/

Mark at Storm Tactical
http://stormtactical.com/

Randall at AR 15 Barrels
http://www.ar15barrels.com/

Kurt at LV Steel Targets
http://www.lvsteeltargets.com/

And we can’t forget the chicken Ranch
www.chickenranchbrothel.com/

Please let me know if I left any of the sponsers out.

I only had 1 complaint from the range gastapo about driving to fast and making dust. Don't worry Wes I didn't deduct any points from your score. Your score was your actual score.

Kurt as usual you never fail to please...I had a blast!!!
Thanks to all the sponsors and crew, the match ran like a well oiled machine. Congratulations to all the winners. Can't wait until the next one!!!

Though I had a bad weekend shooting (I know I can do better) at least it was better than a good day at work! ... It's just a Prairie dog!

Thanks to Kurt and staff... Great match... maybe next year you'll add a run and gun so Ryan can really feel the pain.

Congratulations to Jason... great shooting with you!

Phil... Nice to meet and talk with you.

Randall -- Another top finish!

4thSeal -- How was the menu selection? Get a "full course meal"?

The rest of the guys... It was fun!!

I have a video I took Sunday with the barricade stage. You can find it and download it at:
http://www.michael-chapman.com/SinCity/SinCity.wmv <- large format 87MB
http://www.michael-chapman.com/SinCity/SinCity_small.wmv <- small format 3MB

Again... great weekend.

Great job done by Kurt and all the RO's! Thanks for putting on a great match-definately most fun I've had for $100 in Vegas!
You guys did a great job, and thanks to the sponsors for supporting the event as well!

4thSeal-did they let you bring home a doggie bag?

Wow! What a weekend!!!!

Congrats to Jason Chan! He took home the first place trophy and the USO Cert.

Many thanks to Kurt and crew for putting on such a well ran match. It as a great time and if there is a Sin City 2010 match I am there!

Sponsors...thank you for putting the goodies on the prize table. 1st Place walked away with a 2400.00 Certificate from US Optics!

Scott from Specialized Dynamics threw down a 50% Cert off an upper for the competitors and another 50% cert for one of the range crew members!

I was lucky enough to walk away with much needed virgin 500 LC 223 brass.

Kurt put up a lot of his steel targets on the table as well.

Kurt will probably post an AAR with a COF so I will skip that part.

As always it was good seeing old faces and meeting new ones at these type of events. I was squaded with the boys from AZ and TX. What a great group of guys to shoot with! Everyone was helpful and gave each other a hand when needed.

Our days kicked off around 8am and ended at 2pm to 3pm each day. Kurt and crew had us moving at a pretty decent pace and there was plenty of shooting. There was just enough down time to relax and bullshit a lil. The match pace was great.

The ROs did an awesome job ensuring safety and made things crystal clear on what a shooter needed to do for a COF.

Lessons learned:

1. Vegas matches cost a lot more than just the match fees! LOL

2. Once you have dialed in the correct dope for a stage..do not dial it in again. LOL

3. Ryan likes to hit the gym in the middle of the night after heavily drinking.

4. 260s can still drive tacks even after having 2400 rounds down the tube.

5. Poker tournaments in between match days make it rough to get up at 6am.

6. Don't bring the GFs or wives if you go to Vegas on Halloween. LOL

Pics:

Here is one of Kurt working hard....

CIMG1435.jpg

More to come............must pass out now.

Vu

Here is 4th Seal with his prizes.......

CIMG1450.jpg

1000.00 in Certs for the Chicken Ranch!

HAHA! Hell I had to ask what the Chicken Ranch was.

Leason Learned
1. Do not forget your Sling in CA when the shoot is in NV.
AND SO MUCH MORE!

Thanks to all that helped me and kept me on track, 264shooter, soberbiker, steve123, Vu and the team from TX.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Vu</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here is 4th Seal with his prizes.......
1000.00 in Certs for the Chicken Ranch! </div></div>

So Jason, did you get a chance to get you "gear squared away"??

Re: Sin City Precision Rifle Challenge RESULTS

Thanks Kurt and gang for putting on a fantastic match.I really like going up to Las Vegas to shoot with you guys!!!
This match was the best one yet!

It was good to meet you guys that I hadn't met before and to see those that I've gotten to know this last year in Phoenix and Utah!

Ryan,sorry to hear about your troubles.I knew something had to have happened.

Congrats Jason on your victory!!

Also thanks to all the sponsors.

Steve

The sun coming up on day 1
IMG_1802.jpg

Everyone getting ready to get started
IMG_1809.jpg

Shooters 1 thru 18 heading to range 3
IMG_1810.jpg

Bear getting shooters 19 thru 36 going on range 9
IMG_1811.jpg

Some of the shooters
IMG_1819.jpg

IMG_1822.jpg

More later, I gotta get to work.

Thanks Kurt and Las Vegas crew for putting on a fun match, I had a great time. Congrats to the top shooters. It was good meeting a bunch of names from the hide. Looking forward to the next one....................out

Great Match Kurt and crew.

Just a few good points to mention.

RO's were excellent, kept us moving on time, they did very well with explaining stage descriptions and point values, and calling impacts.

Targets were great lot's of steel to keep it moving fast but a good mix of paper for precision drills, and they were scored right in front of us and we got to keep the target +++++++!!

Good mix of stage design, we shot two weak side drills, two brricade type drills, and two positional drills (my epic fail), two speed drills scored on hit factor * Everything else was on a good paced Par time that was really good. One Mover at 500 meters, two KYL's each day and two Cold-bores (50 pt.)each day. ALL the Above was great and scored great. A couple of ZERO stages wouldn't kill your chances. (5 would though) If you stopped at 1 or 2 on the KYL, "you ain't shit" LOL.

I was surprised in the end it was alot closer than I expected and i was counting all the points i wasted and was kicking myself in the butt (along with everybody else I'm sure)

Great match again and thanks for letting us enjoy it. I would defiantly love to come back.

Congrats to all that made it out. And thanks to the Sponsors Especially USO and Specialized Dynamics. I'm real curious to find out how 4th seal came out on his certificates.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rich Emmons</div><div class="ubbcode-body">they were scored right in front of us and we got to keep the target +++++++!!</div></div>

That was a huge plus. Instant feedback after every stage and no questions whatsoever about your final score since you can keep track of it as you go.

4th Seal was on the strip trying to sell them to the flippers passing out flyers for hookers! LMAO.

Good shooting with you and Gordy this weekend Richard.

Next stop...AZ.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Vu</div><div class="ubbcode-body">4th Seal was on the strip trying to sell them to the flippers passing out flyers for hookers! LMAO.

Good shooting with you and Gordy this weekend Richard.

Next stop...AZ. </div></div>

I hate the flippers!!!

It was good shooting between Vu and Rich. Any more pics to share Vu?

I took the camera with all good intentions of taking lots of pics, but that never happens......

Here's some I did get:

Shooters 19-36 getting rady for the barricade:
Vegas09001.jpg

Scottmilk9 with brass flying:
Vegas09004.jpg

Scottmilk9 going 90* through the port for shits and grins:
Vegas09009.jpg

Me and Vu eyeballing the targets:
Vegas09011.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LVshooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Scores
Jason C 1016.6
Phil H 959.1
Randall R 920.8
VU P912.2
Steve M 909.7
John R 900.9
Richard E 885.8
Ryan K 885.0
Brian E 846.5
Larry K 807.8
Mike M 765.6
Steve E 760.6
Tim M 760.5
Hugh T 749.7
Jason B 742.0
John K 739.4
Chuck N 735.1
Tucker B 704.9
Joseph V 690.2
Gordon B 658.8
Bob G 639.2
Justin W 623.7
Clint S 618.8
Gary M 607.1
Seth R 603.8
Stephen W 603.1
Andrew A 597.2
Geordie R 576.3
Brad B 510.9
Wes C 469.4
Scott M (Tim's Brother) 429.2
Michael C 365.5
Bruno N 333.5
Hope you guys had a good time.
I will post more later. </div></div>

It would be interesting to know what rigs (caliber, gun, stock, scope, etc) each of the above were shooting with.

Sounds like a great time and congrats to the winner's!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ReaperDriver</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LVshooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Scores
Steve E 760.6
<span style="font-style: italic">R700-trued up and 26" Rock 5r M40 1:10 308 Obermeyer chamber. Metalwork done by Phil H (second place shooter), sitting in an A5 w/KMW cheekpiece bedded by me with a Jewell HVR. EGW base, seekins rings, Premier 5-25.</span>
</div></div>

It would be interesting to know what rigs (caliber, gun, stock, scope, etc) each of the above were shooting with.

Sounds like a great time and congrats to the winner's! </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
ReaperDriver said:
LVshooter said:
Scores
Steve E 760.6
<span style="font-style: italic">R700-trued up and 26" Rock 5r M40 1:10 308 Obermeyer chamber. Metalwork done by Phil H (second place shooter), sitting in an A5 w/KMW cheekpiece bedded by me with a Jewell HVR. EGW base, seekins rings, Premier 5-25.</span>
</div></div>

Cool, keep 'em coming! I always like to know what equipment guys are using.

Tim M 760.5 13th place... Rem 700 in 6X51 built by Phil Hayes w/ 25" 1-in-8 Krieger tube, AI 1.5 chassis, Leupold MK4 6.5x25 TMR

Kurt and crew hard at work...

CIMG1425.jpg

"Bear" one of the ROs

CIMG1418.jpg

Barricades...I hate that port.
CIMG1425.jpg

CIMG1417.jpg

The 500M Steel Range....

CIMG1421.jpg

Winds were kicking pretty good on Day 1.

CIMG1434.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ReaperDriver</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LVshooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Scores
Jason C 1016.6

<span style="font-weight: bold">Self built:
.260 Remington using PTG Match Reamer
26" Krieger 1 in 8 Barrel with Tubb Brake
Surgeon Action
McMillan A5
Nightforce NXS 3.5-15X50 SFP MIL/MLR
Turner Saddlery Sling
Harris Bipod w/ Podclaws

Load:
Remington Brass
CCI BR-2 Primer
Lapua 139gr Scenar
H4350</span></div></div>

Sounds like a great time and congrats to the winner's! </div></div>

See edited "quote"

SoberBiker waiting his turn.

CIMG1431.jpg

CIMG1427.jpg

Lots of US Optics on the line....

CIMG1429.jpg

CIMG1430.jpg

Beautiful country...

CIMG1432.jpg

CIMG1433.jpg

Since I couldnt convince the girl to let me go get a rub and tug, I put those certs up on Las Vegas craigs list... no dice yet, Ebay is next, and if that doesn't work, the woman isn't going to SHOT Show, I might have to wonder down that way... !

Actually I only won 500$ in certs, $250 each prize pick and my boys Andrew and Vu hooked me up with another 250$ each !

$1000 only get a rub and tug?!?!

On a side note-one interesting point is the top <span style="text-decoration: line-through">two</span> three positions built their own rifles!

#2 is going to be scary if we can get him to shoot more comps, this was his first aside from some local matches (tactical that is, he's a Camp Perry regular)!

nearly last place, i shot my own .223 AR15 with an 18" barrel, I zero'd 7 or so stages, so if you look at the points i didn't get due to ammo, I would have, should have, could have placed better.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LVshooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Winner
IMG_1856.jpg
</div></div>

Jason,

It looks like your muzzle brake is unscrewing,yes/no?

What's the tape on the scope objective for?

Steve

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice finish there Steve! Next time no Advil for you!! </div></div>

Haha,you saved my day!Thanks.

Were you giving Tim a hard time on the way back for beating him by a 10th of a point?LOL

Steve

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: steve123</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LVshooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Winner
IMG_1856.jpg
</div></div>

Jason,

It looks like your muzzle brake is unscrewing,yes/no?

What's the tape on the scope objective for?

Steve </div></div>

I get that a lot..

The brake is puposely timed like that. A downward + rightward force results in very little muzzle movement for me. I cut the threads a little longer so i can still have enough room to accomplish that even if I were to recrown my barrel.

The duct tape on the objectice is to keep the sunshade from unscrewing. I dare it to move on me again. Besides.. it makes my rifle easy to identify.

Great match! Extremely smooth and well coordinated. I wasn't sure how such a large group would do with so many stages, but with excellent RO's-- it went smooth and quickly. You guys put on an excellent match.
smile.gif

I heard a possibility of a Nov match being tossed around? I might try shooting it left handed, lol

A big thanks to Kurt and crew excelent match and a real eye opener for me it gave me some good stuff to work on looking forward to the next one. Maybe we can all chip in and get Scott a case trimmer
grin.gif

The .260's are doing well. Nice shooting.

3rd place Randall R 920.8
</div></div>

It would be interesting to know what rigs (caliber, gun, stock, scope, etc) each of the above were shooting with.</div></div>

I shoot a scrap parts gun.
Self built remington 700.
PSS takeoff stock.
$36 take-off douglas xx barrel purchased on ebay to practice rebarreling with years ago.
PTG Palma 95 308 chamber.
JP bennie coolie comp I had on the shelf the day I decided to put this gun together.
Action is still not blueprinted.
Nightforce 3.5-15 NP-R1.
Warne base and rings (lapped).
Harris S-BRM bipod.
Tactical Intervention quick-cuff sling.

The new 155gr Sierra SMK's (2156's)
4x fired FC brass I got for free from swat guys who don't reload.
46gr varget.
CCI BR2's
2800fps from my 24" barrel

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body">On a side note-one interesting point is the top two positions built their own rifles!</div></div>

Make that top 3.

Stephen W 603.1

R&D (HateCa) built:
.308 WIN unknown reamer
24" Bartlein 1 in 11.25 MTU Barrel
Trued Remington action and trigger
MAK tube chassis
USO 5-25x58 TPal 35mmtube RDP reticel
USO rings
TAB sling
Harris Bipod

Load:
Winchester Brass
CCI BR-2 Primer
42.8 gr RL-15
175 SMK 2.220 ogive

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: swarrick</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Stephen W 603.1

R&D (HateCa) built:
.308 WIN unknown reamer
24" Bartlein 1 in 11.25 MTU Barrel
Trued Remington action and trigger
MAK tube chassis
USO 5-25x58 TPal 35mmtube RDP reticel
USO rings
TAB sling
Harris Bipod

Load:
Winchester Brass
CCI BR-2 Primer