• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sinclair Tactical/Varmint Bipod

sniperdude

Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 28, 2010
Ridgefield,Connecticut
This is a new item from sinclair (model 04-8500), but want to know if anyone who might have one could tell a little about it.

hows the adjustments , build quality and more particular how sturdy the attachment point is?

thanks

Re: Sinclair Tactical/Varmint Bipod

I was just cruising through here looking for the same answer. Will keep coming back.

Sniperdude, I don't think anyone on the Hide has one yet or they are not admitting it, I was hoping to see a review of this bipod sometime. I know your questions have been asked before, unfortunately there are several quality bipods on the market already that have a strong following here on the Hide.

I noticed this product a few weeks ago when i saw it on the cover of their latest catalogue

It looks decent because the footprint can be made wide.

Never used an atlas, but i want to. I think the atlas will be my next purchase, but this sinclair model looks like it has more functionality than a harris.

Pricey tho

A lot of guys in F/TR are using them because they are so much "better" than standard bipods. These things are kind of cheating in a category where everyone else is using standard bipods: a lot more like a front rest than a bipod. They have skis on the bottom which the F-classers think is superior and they are fixed in place. So, if you are varmint hunting or shooting F-class/TR, then you will like it. If you want something portable and foldable....like a real bipod....look elsewhere.

Anyone have a Sinclair dealers account? I might order one to review if the price was right.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Scooter-PIE</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A lot of guys in F/TR are using them because they are so much "better" than standard bipods. These things are kind of cheating in a category where everyone else is using standard bipods: a lot more like a front rest than a bipod. They have skis on the bottom which the F-classers think is superior and they are fixed in place. So, if you are varmint hunting or shooting F-class/TR, then you will like it. If you want something portable and foldable....like a real bipod....look elsewhere.</div></div>

You aren't looking at the right bipod.....

http://www.sinclairintl.com/product/13860/s

Jason Pm ChadTRG42 and see if he does. Not sure but he may

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anyone have a Sinclair dealers account? I might order one to review if the price was right. </div></div>

Dealer cost isn't that much different that what you are paying retail. I shoot for Team Sinclair as well and get dealer pricing.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Scooter-PIE</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A lot of guys in F/TR are using them because they are so much "better" than standard bipods. These things are kind of cheating in a category where everyone else is using standard bipods: a lot more like a front rest than a bipod. They have skis on the bottom which the F-classers think is superior and they are fixed in place. So, if you are varmint hunting or shooting F-class/TR, then you will like it. If you want something portable and foldable....like a real bipod....look elsewhere.</div></div>

You aren't looking at the right bipod.....

http://www.sinclairintl.com/product/13860/s </div></div>
ah...gotcha. At 1lb 12oz...pretty darned heavy though.

it does seem to be on the heavy side, im trying to see if sinclair will let me borrow one for t+e (doubt it though) or I just might sneak into the wifes purse for her card and order one
whistle.gif