• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sinclair-Wilson Ultimate Trimmer wait time - WTF?

captnmo

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 19, 2008
Fort Lewis, WA
I ordered the Sinclair/Wilson ultimate trimmer with micrometer adjustment early in July and still nothing. They can't provide me with an ETA either. All they say is it's on backorder indefinitely. I've heard nothing but good things about this company but this doesn't seem on par with what I've heard. I'm thinking about cancelling this order and moving on but wanted to get your thoughts.

Re: Sinclair-Wilson Ultimate Trimmer wait time - WTF?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I've heard nothing but good things about this company but this doesn't seem on par with what I've heard.</div></div>

Can't sell what you don't have.

I got one, ordered it in march fi ally arrived last month

Unless your reloading for a lot of calibers there a waste, before I got my Giraud I used a plano Wilson trimmer on a Sinclair base with the old style Shark fin case holder

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: captnmo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I ordered the Sinclair/Wilson ultimate trimmer with micrometer adjustment early in July and still nothing. They can't provide me with an ETA either. All they say is it's on backorder indefinitely. I've heard nothing but good things about this company but this doesn't seem on par with what I've heard. I'm thinking about cancelling this order and moving on but wanted to get your thoughts. </div></div>

If this the trimmer that you are speaking about, Sinclair's status says "In Stock"

Sinclair Ultimate Trimmer

Somebody is confused, either you or Sinclair

If you get a regular Wilson trimmer it is a very simple thing to drill out the threaded holder and pick up a mic head from ebay and just substitute the mic head for the threaded rod that the case goes up against. They are about the most accurate trimmer that anyone makes. A mic. head on ebay should go for 6 or 8 bucks.

I just looked at ebay and those people have no idea what they are trying to sell is worth. If you want to try making one up P.M. me and Ill send you a Starrett mic head and I can tell you just what size hole to open the holder to.

I have one on order since early July, and was told on Oct 4 they did not know when they would be available! Guess im gonna give them a call in the morning to see what their problem is. I have a contact to deal with. Will post as soon as I hear

Mark

captnmo
Talked to Sinclair today and I was told that their computer system had some problems that started Oct4 and was just resolved earlier this week.The system usually automatically emails the customer advising them the item is in stock,it wasnt working!!! The trimmers are now in stock and you need to contact them to complete the order as I did this morning-"item will go out today".
This is the long and short of the trimmer saga

Mark

Damn that sucks. I just got the basic trimmer a few years ago and it's the best $40 ever spent.

I like my Sinclair trimmer, but also agree about the Giraud comment above. If you can go the Giraud, do so its much faster.

Would love to get a Giraud. I just don't have $500 to spend on a trimmer at this point. I'll probably be getting one in the next year, but for the precision and the price, I decided to go with the Wilson....though they're not cheap either.

Just spoke with Sinclair and they just got them in stock so she told me they'll be shipping in the next day or two.