• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Single feed block for AISC 338 Lapua

Re: Single feed block for AISC 338 Lapua

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SRT Supply</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not quite sure what you're asking...you want to be able to drop rounds in through the ejection port and single-load them into the chamber? Why not just use an empty magazine? </div></div>

I have the same question too. The reason is the OAL of the AI mag is only 3.600" +. I load mine to 3.600" (250 scenars and 300 SMK). When I load my solid projos (Lehigh). I load them to 3.850" otherwise, it wouldn't stay in the neck. So, I have to singly feed it. With the AI design, the bolt will not go forward with an empty mag. Be nice if there is something that you can just toss one into the ejection port and then close the bolt.

I want a Lower profile(the 5 rounder sticks out the bottom pretty far) and the mag I have acts as a bolt hold open which is a pita when single feeding longer rounds.If no one makes one I think I might try to make my own out of polymer or delron. Why not feed from the mag? because the mag I have is very hard on brass and I like longer than mag length rounds.

I should have bought a single shot but I got a good deal on a repeater(that is shooting 1/4 moa).

I think it is time to make one! If I do I will make an extra one for you Desrt hk. I am thinking it would be pretty easy to cut the dimensions on a miter saw, then all that would have to be done is to cut a groove for the round and put on a mag catch. Now, where to buy the material?

HK are you using a badger or AISC?

If you want to get rid of the bolt hold on the mag just file the follower at a slight 45 deg angle.

Rich

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SSG3K</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you want to get rid of the bolt hold on the mag just file the follower at a slight 45 deg angle.

Rich</div></div>

This.

I converted several of my mags midway through the course at RO with the file on my Leatherman and about 5 minutes. It's quick and easy, and lets you single load without any problems. The only downside is that it's a one-way modification, but if you really want it both ways I'd say buy an extra magazine, file the follower, and then keep the others in their original configuration for locking the bolt on empty.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sandbogg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think it is time to make one! If I do I will make an extra one for you Desrt hk. I am thinking it would be pretty easy to cut the dimensions on a miter saw, then all that would have to be done is to cut a groove for the round and put on a mag catch. Now, where to buy the material?

HK are you using a badger or AISC? </div></div>

I have the regular AIAWSM. So, I use the standard AW mag., which is the same as the L/A AICS mags. I just looked at the mag a bit more closely. I think there is an easier way to modify this. Will keep you all posted on this one if I figure it out.

Sandbogg, if you can fabricate one, I am in. Let me know how much for one.