• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Single Six question

Re: Single Six question

So Ruger claims. Howsomeever, I've had several and it didn't make any difference between the .. .22RF and the .22 Maggie cylinders when swapped around. I have a .45 Long Colt with an orphan .45 ACP cylinder that lines up fine. I don't think their tolerances are close enough to make the difference...most of the time. I'd try the orphan cylinder in and check that the holes line up (think..."range rod") and ensure you don't have too much front cylinder gap. JMHO

I know of several that have worked fine. Check for alignment and gap and if it looks fine, go for it. Ruger will tell you it must be fitted but I can tell you from personal experience that is not always true.

Thanks... The reason I ask, I want to buy a brushed cylinder and use it to two tone the gun.

You can rig up a holder for 2 pieces of paper. Hang them on either side about 2 feet apart. Hold the pistol in between them and fire a shot from each chamber. Examine the paper for cuts & tears after each shot. This will help you find out if any of the chambers are mis-aligned and "spitting" lead. It will also help you decide if you want to shoot it from a crowded firing line.