• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Is an lcp sized 30sc a good idea

• Yes

• No

• F the 30sc

Results are only viewable after voting.

Evlshnngns

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Apr 2, 2018
Would you buy a 30sc the size of a ruger lcp or is p365 the smallest you would go? The little pocket pistols suck shooting with a 380, 30sc might be a beetch.

Got the wife a shield ez 380, easy to rack the slide and she can deal with the .380's recoil.

If we are talking about a ccw gun for a man, Shield plus in the much more common and will be around for years 9mm.

Reactions: Evlshnngns
With 9mm and 9mm +P, 357sig, 40auto, 45acp, and 10mm, there just isn't a demand for 30sc.

The p365 line owns the subcompact market, and for those who don't like them, there's the g43x. 9mm and 9mm +P in modern defense rounds are very popular.

Reactions: W54/XM-388
.30 Super Carry is a proprietary solution in search of a problem to solve.
I don't see it having a very long life before fading away into the dustbin of forgotten cartridges.

9mm owns the compact, reliable, effective, widespread concealed carry market.
.380 is there for those who absolutely must have something smaller.

.22LR is there if you are stepping down to tiny revolvers.

A few of the ones I use in this category. PSA - the Ruger LCP punishes the soft spot in your palm, move along from this one.
Elite Survival makes nice a series of pocket holsters to accommodate all these profiles.

IMG_1230 copy.JPG
IMG_6986 copy.jpg
Sig P365 Survival HolsterIMG_5181 copy 2.jpg

I’ve been running a shield EZ at the shop with as much ammo as I’ve had time to run. In this case about 500 rounds of 30SC have been shot.

I don’t dislike it, but I only started this experiment because so many questions were coming in and I wanted to experience it myself.

That said, if you carry 9 now, don’t bother. 380, sure. I just don’t know what the overall point is yet. Even recovering rounds through bone in roasts and ribs, it does the job, but again, why did another caliber need to come out?

The appeal to me would be utilizing the smaller diameter cartridge to make a thinner gun.

The appeal to me would be utilizing the smaller diameter cartridge to make a thinner gun.

You are talking a tiny difference in diameter, it's not going to make much difference.
You are talking 1mm difference in case size essentially between a 9x19 and the .30 SC

The Ruger LC9 for example is already almost too thin of a grip to hold onto well, the P365 is pretty much about the minimum grip for anyone to get a really good firm hold of unless they have tiny hands.

Reactions: Evlshnngns
I'll take an 1/8" slimmer p365. I like the slide width and length of the lcp and the grip length of p365.

I'm too lazy/uneducated to build this fantasy gun myself. I would wager people would love it.

Bad boys in the ER never complained about the caliber they were shot with; then there were many that skipped the ER visit, straight to the county morgue.