• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Single Stage or 2- Stage Trigger?

Tactical30

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
May 5, 2009
Eastern Ohio
I am trying to debate on what trigger to put in my 6.5 Grendel build.

1.) Timney (1pc drop in) Trigger
2.) Rock River 2-stage

Is there any benefits over a good 1-stage trigger like the Timney over a 2-stage trigger?

I have the Rock River 2-stage in it now but the trigger seems kinda stiff. I have other RR 2-stage triggers in other builds and I cant remember them feeling like this. Needs a little break in?

Im getting good groups with the 2-stage RR (under 1-MOA). Should I mess up a good thing and try the Timney or leave it how it is?

Re: Single Stage or 2- Stage Trigger?

You can get a lighter feel with a two stage in a semi auto. Go too light with a single on a semi and you will end up with doubling.

The Geissele triggers come highly recommended.

I run a Rock River two stage in one of my ARs. It's acceptable, but not stellar.

I prefer a good 2 stage trigger. I just bought a new piston system S&W M&P and I'm off to the ArmaLIte factory tomorrow to have one of their tactical two stage triggers installed.

I have a Geissele 2-stage DM trigger on my rifle. It works great and I can really get a feel before it lets off. It has doubled up on me a couple of times though.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: splean</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a Geissele 2-stage DM trigger on my rifle. It works great and I can really get a feel before it lets off. It has doubled up on me a couple of times though.</div></div>

+1 on that. I have a Geissele SSA on my M4. It is a nice trigger.

carbine / mid range - single stage
long range "sniper" rifle - 2 stage

my recomendation

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kavik</div><div class="ubbcode-body">carbine / mid range - single stage
long range "sniper" rifle - 2 stage

my recomendation </div></div>
+1
a lot of personal preference is involved, but many precision rifles, Anschutz 22s, highpower,etc, sport two-stage triggers. Geissele is the king of the two-stage hill for ARs.