• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Single stage triggers for precision shooting?

Leicafan1990

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Aug 13, 2022
USA
I really don’t like 2 stage triggers. I’ve tried to warm up to them because there seems to be a consensus that they are superior for precision shooting. I’ve tried the Larue MBT2S and the Wilson Combat TTU-M2 on friends guns and I just couldn’t get comfortable with them.

I’m curious if any of you are running single stage triggers on your precision guns? Does having that first stage to prep the trigger really help that much on 2 stage triggers? If you’re prepping the trigger, aren’t you just treating the 2nd stage like a light single stage?

I have the CMC 3.5lb single stage with flat bow, as well as a Geissele single stage. Coming from bolt rifles, I prefer and am more comfortable with a single stage trigger! I think it's mostly user preference.

My MK12 clone has a two stage trigger in it. It's decent and I like the feel of it. Overall, I prefer a single stage trigger. I build a 6 ARC gas gun for PRS and it has a single stage trigger in it. But I was also trying to copy the Barrett REC-7, just make a long range version of it.

I'm using Velocity single stage in several of my gas guns. Love them, not overpriced and you can pick your weight. I have a two-stage in my bolt rifle and I don't mind it but I keep all the AR's consistent. I believe the owner got his experience working for Timney. Beyond that, I use the POF triggers which, IMO, are an excellent 4lb. duty trigger.

For the blasters I stick with a two-stage, it's what my muscle memory is used to. If I were going to run a precision gas gun setup then I'd likely stick a single stage in there.

For the blasters I stick with a two-stage, it's what my muscle memory is used to. If I were going to run a precision gas gun setup then I'd likely stick a single stage in there.
I'm the opposite: single-stage, like G S3G for blasters, and two-stage for precision set-ups, like G HS-NM.