• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Single suppressor for different barrel thread rifles

Biscuits

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jul 7, 2020
First off, I am in the UK, so suggestions to just buy two suppressors won't work. It was a 5 month long extravaganza to get an authority to purchase an additional rifle and suppressor; I'd have to do that again for another suppressor. This is also my first centerfire suppressor and I'm a bit clueless about what I should be looking for. I want to be able to use it in a PRL match, so it should be able to take 100 rounds through it in a day. Not sure if that means all-steel or if aluminium insides is ok or not.

I have a Remington 700 308 with a M18x1 barrel thread.
I have a Tikka TAC A1 6.5 Creedmoor with a 5/8x24 barrel thread.

I want to get a single .30 caliber suppressor to fit on both rifles.

This is available:
It has a thread specific end module which screws on the barrel thread, this attaches to a standard thread on the suppressor. So I could buy a M18x1 for the R700 and a 5/8x4 end module for the Tikka and have one suppressor for both rifles. But specs say it only weighs 192 grams, so I'm thinking it is not up to target use.

These are also available with the same type of deal where you have a thread specific end on the rifle side which screws onto a standard thread on the suppressor side:
They weigh in up to 440 grams so more like what I was expecting. However spec sheet says "for hunting rifles only" and it has aluminium internals.

Or I could buy something like this M18x1 to 5/8x24 thread adapter and just buy a standard 5/8x24 threaded suppressor.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/153505352288
But have heard some of these adapters are good, some not good and give you baffle strikes.

Any ideas?

Last edited:
Unless for some reason you frequently need to rapidly switch the suppressor between rifles just direct thread the suppressor on and eschew the QD mounting systems.

longer suppressor typically means more baffles which means greater noise suppression and also means greater weight. Unless you move to all titanium.

If your matches do not require a huge amount of hiking especially up grades, extra weight can help mitigate recoil and reduce muzzle rise leading to more stability and better ability to spot impacts.

1.) 5 Months is a short wait for us on the other side of the pond... I've waiting 12 months before!

2.) I don't think I would get a suppressor with aluminum baffles for a 6.5CM/308 caliber rifles that is going to be used in PRS (high round counts).

3.) Area419 if you can get it... that system is what I used to easily swap between rifles

Reactions: nikonNUT
Yep, just checked, Brownells UK has them (although the M18x1 for my 308 is out of stock).

I don't understand what you do with the other end though? You put the adapter on, then what?

Reactions: nikonNUT
Yep, just checked, Brownells UK has them (although the M18x1 for my 308 is out of stock).

I don't understand what you do with the other end though? You put the adapter on, then what?
so you screw the adapter onto each rifle.

You have to buy an adapter that screws into your suppressor.

Now you can move the suppressor between rifles.. since they all have the area419 adapter installed. You can also add muzzle brakes and move them around the same way

so you screw the adapter onto each rifle.

You have to buy an adapter that screws into your suppressor.

Now you can move the suppressor between rifles.. since they all have the area419 adapter installed. You can also add muzzle brakes and move them around the same way
Yup! Soemthing like this....
Hellfire-OMEGA-Suppressor-Mount-02-scaled.jpg