• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Single turn turret

Jack17397

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
May 11, 2011
Florida
Does anyone know of an aftermarket company that’s make custom single turn turrets for scopes?

How would you add a single turn turret to an existing scope? Its not as easy as plopping another turret cover on it.

I think the OP means single turn with a zero stop like the Kenton turrets.

Reactions: Jack17397
I wasn't aware Kenton did anything but engrave factory turret covers? What are their single turrets with zero stop, and what do they fit?

I wasn't aware Kenton did anything but engrave factory turret covers? What are their single turrets with zero stop, and what do they fit?
For example if you had an older Leupold scope with the non locking CDS. They could make you a custom CDS with a little ball detent that would prevent from doing more than 1 turn which is perfectly fine for most hunting scenarios.
My Burris XTRii 1-8 with the MAD turrets is based on the same concept.

Schmidt bender has single turn turrets, I prefer these as I only shoot out to 400 yards and 13 mills of adjustment is more than enough and it’s impossible to get lost lol. I have 2 US Optics, 1 Nightforce 3-15 NXS and 1 Leupold Mk4 4.5-10 with M5 turrets. I. Looking for a company that would make a single turn turret for these, otherwise I’ll just sell them

I’d call Leupold for their scope, their custom shop could maybe put one together even if it’s not a CDS scope.

If you only have 400 yards you wouldn't be turning off the first turn anyways so why spend money to fix a non issue? Dial to 400 and then dial back down to your zero. Simple. What am I missing?

I will do that, thanks
When you talk to leupold ask about the SOD dials, see if they still do those.