• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sionics Weapons Systems

Re: Sionics Weapons Systems

I don't know who owns the company because there is no "about us page" that I could find. However it appears to be a company that has no relationship to Sionics.

There is something messed up about resurrecting a former company name with no affiliation or related business.

They should use their imagination and create their own brand name.

Just because they advertise in Blackwater weekly dont make them them worthy.
Btw they have Blackwater the video game now for Xbox which was also in the weekly email. Soon Blackwater the lunch box !

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jason_B</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just because they advertise in Blackwater weekly dont make them them worthy.
Btw they have Blackwater the video game now for Xbox which was also in the weekly email. Soon Blackwater the lunch box ! </div></div>

What does this have to do with SIONICS? I just saw that they adopted the name in 2010 on the wikipedia,

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KSwift</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why in the h*** do all these c*** little companies think there's enough room in the AR15 game for everyone and their brother?</div></div>

I don't really see this as a problem to anyone. An increased supply will result in lower prices and overall better products for us. Just think back 15 years ago what the quality and selection of AR15s was like; cast front sight assemblies, plastic delta rings, and rejected government lower parts.

The great thing about America is that anyone can try to start an empire. Without the small businesses entering the AR game I think we would still be stuck with a very small handful of manufacturers and we would be stuck buying only what they offered.

I would say that it is the small companies that have made the AR world what it is today. John Noveske started selling barrels at gun shows out of a duffel bag. Mark Larue made sniper targets before he started making OBRs, someone told me that POF started out in a garage, Gap started out as a one man operation, Marty Daniel started up Daniel Defense in 2000, and the list goes on.

The AR industry is perhaps now being driven by small business that are more flexible and can adapt to meet the needs and demands of our soldiers, law enforcement officers, and security professionals.

Nothing ... other than the week they advertised in Blackwater Weekly someone asked about them ... never heard of them before ... guess advertising does work.

Other stuff was a joke about how Blackwater has been and contiues to be in mechandising merchandisng! Space Balls movie reference for those that don't know.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jakhamr81</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I would say that it is the small companies that have made the AR world what it is today. John Noveske started selling barrels at gun shows out of a duffel bag. Mark Larue made sniper targets before he started making OBRs, someone told me that POF started out in a garage, Gap started out as a one man operation, Marty Daniel started up Daniel Defense in 2000, and the list goes on.

The AR industry is perhaps now being driven by small business that are more flexible and can adapt to meet the needs and demands of our soldiers, law enforcement officers, and security professionals. </div></div>

Completely different. You mentioned a bunch of high end companies, but those aren't the guys that irritate me.

It's all the LOW END companies trying to jump. Look at the Scionics product page. Anything new? No, just another bunch of plain AR15s. I just got the heads up a little while ago in the store, Windham Weaponry was shipping ARs. Did they have anything new or improved to bring to the table? No, just another bunch of M4-look a likes, with nothing to help push the industry.

The companies you named are high end companies cranking out high-end and unique designs.

But all these small companies are just Del-Ton competitors. There's no niche for them.

I like to think that we are doing something a little different down here; making something better. Feel free to give me a call during the day, the number's on the website - I'd be more than happy to talk about the guns and what goes into them...

I live in Tucson and Scionics WS sells their AR's through a local gun shop called The Armory. I've handled these AR's and I will say that the fit and finish are spot on. I don't need a "battle rifle" with lots of play between the upper and lower. I would prefer a tight fit with zero play. That's what the ones I handled offer.

Their price is not bad at all. The ONLY reason I didn't choose to go with them is because I'd have to pay local taxes on them. Instead I opted for a Daniel Defense M4V5 via Rainier Arms. I don't feel I would have done better or worse with it or a SWS AR. I do wish I would have supported a LGS, though.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KSwift</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Completely different. You mentioned a bunch of high end companies, but those aren't the guys that irritate me.
</div></div>
I have no dog in this fight but wanted to simply ask a question.

Do you believe that all the "high end companies" started out as "high end companies"? Per jakhamr81's statement seems some of the current "high end companies" were simple guys/gals working with basics to start. No one comes into a market and goes straight to the "high end" if you ask me.

I say they are welcome to bring what every they want to the table and the people/consumers will decide their fate. If they have a bad product they won't be here long. When society says there is no room in this country for the low and middle line of products (not saying this company falls into either category) is the day we fail as a capitalist country. Everyone starts somewhere. IMO

Saw this thread from a few years ago & I'd like to add my 2 cents worth, since there's been no activity of late. I recently sold my AR and was looking for a better weapon. The old one was a run of the mill M4 clone (ASA Scottsdale) with sloppy fit, lousy accuracy & misaligned parts, a genuine POS in my opinion. I've been a bolt gun shooter for most of my 62 years, so it's been hard for me to warm up to a "new" design like the AR platform.

I was looking around last week and went by the store to talk with Josh & Steve at the Armory. They build quality weapons from good parts and are working to serve the LE community. They do very little retail & walk-in stuff now, but are ordering for people on an as-needed basis. I just wanted to say that the weapon I chose (Patrol rifle III) is a nicely made M4 which shoots very well, functions properly and is very accurate for an off-the-shelf AR. It has a good trigger, 1:8 twist barrel, proper assembly & is a pleasure to handle. It just feels right.

I shot it for the first time yesterday with a 2-7 scope & sand bags off a bench. The target was a 50 yard rim-fire type I use, so at 100 yards it was nearly impossible to see the circles properly (20 - 1" circles on notebook paper from my printer). It seemed to like the Ventura Munitions 52 grain HP loads best (7/8"), followed closely by some Black Hills 52 grain HP (1 1/16"). The "cheap" stuff I shoot (PMC) was the usual 1 1/2" - 2" groups at 100 yards. I'm planning on trying some better quality stuff with heavy bullets once it arrives, just to see what's really working. Will also use a better scope & a bipod to see how it shoots.

If you're looking for a well made, direct-impingement, high quality AR for a fair price, take a look at these rifles. They really shoot well and customer service is excellent. I've read that a chrome lined barrel isn't as accurate as a SS barrel, but this one shoots pretty well. It's a good value for the price paid.

4d3f8ec5-a0b2-46a3-bd43-709fa7edbd42_zpsd408804d.jpg

Sionics makes outstanding weapons at a reasonable price. The attention to detail and quality of the entire weapon parts/pieces is very high. It's like getting a custom built gun at a off the shelf gun price.

Saw this thread from a few years ago & I'd like to add my 2 cents worth, since there's been no activity of late. I recently sold my AR and was looking for a better weapon. The old one was a run of the mill M4 clone (ASA Scottsdale) with sloppy fit, lousy accuracy & misaligned parts, a genuine POS in my opinion. I've been a bolt gun shooter for most of my 62 years, so it's been hard for me to warm up to a "new" design like the AR platform.

Out of curiosity, did you tell ASA about the issues with their firearm? Considering they have a lifetime warranty with the rifle, as well most having a 1 MOA or better accuracy guarantee, id have a hard time believing your ASA rifle was from them directly, or even a factory ASA rifle at all. Ive seen Sionics rifles at Scottsdale Gun Club, and they are nice, just like any other AR, and ive also owned a couple ASA rifles, and have a few of their lowers floating around on some of my other rifles. Sounds to me like you either bought someones project, or bought something a store put together using one of their lowers. I bought what I thought was a Del Ton AR15 from a shop I wont name in Tucson, but when I called Del Ton complaining that the bolt catch wasnt working and there were issues, they informed me the serial goes to a lower only, not a complete rifle. Looks like I was duped into a Del Ton lower with a no name upper and who knows what internals. If you still have the serial to your ASA rifle, id at least call them and see if it was one of theirs, otherwise its pretty crappy of you to bash a quite successful and very competent business for something that wasnt their fault...

Remember Bill Gates started out of his garage....... It's not about where they are now, but the potential for where a start up company can grow to with innovation and good ideas.

Fenix Mike, the ASA rifle was built by them in 2009, I checked the serial number with them when I called. As far as "bashing" them, I said nothing about the company, only the weapon, its fit, finish & accuracy. I know there were a lot of issues with their company, until the previous owner passed away and the new owner took over. This is well documented in online posts. I chose not to return the weapon to them as it was purchased from a third party. I did not want to incur more expenses in terms of time, shipping costs and further trouble. What may or may not have transpired since the weapon was manufactured and my subsequent purchase of it is subject to speculation only. I can only deal with what I know about the weapon, not what I don't know. For me it's simple, if it doesn't shoot with accuracy, I just get rid of it and move along. I do this with bolt guns as well.

My current rifle has no claim of accuracy attached to it from the manufacturer, but it outshoots the ASA rifle. I'm pleased with my decision & purchase, and look forward to doing more shooting with it. I can't say the same thing about the former weapon, only that I was disappointed enough to sell it for a loss and move on.