• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SK HV Match

King_beardsly

MMPRL & Low Dollar Precision
Minuteman
  • Jun 12, 2018
    Beast Coast
    Does anyone have experience with it and have good results? I grabbed a few boxes to test out since it seems very easy to obtain since I’m assuming it’s not all it’s cracked up to be and who doesn’t want cheap available ammo if it shoots well.

I didn't spend time trying to adjust my tuner for it, but SD on it was ~29 fps and ~.750" groups at 35 yards out of my Tikka T1x

These are groups out of my CZ457 with SK Match high velocity. It seems to shoot good groups BUT my SD was 25 fps.

CCI Standard shoots slightly under 1 MOA groups. I ran a 20 shot string and got an SD of 8 so I’m considering just running that for $5 a box

Attachments

• 0D906F9C-1B45-48C6-9F4B-75DB24CA7DB6.jpeg
      0D906F9C-1B45-48C6-9F4B-75DB24CA7DB6.jpeg
      317.6 KB · Views: 35
    • 8555DA70-307F-42AB-96A6-569A5D6D2B73.jpeg
      8555DA70-307F-42AB-96A6-569A5D6D2B73.jpeg
      331.2 KB · Views: 35
    Last edited:
    These are groups out of my CZ457 with SK Match high velocity. It seems to shoot good groups BUT my SD was 25 fps.

CCI Standard shoots slightly under 1 MOA groups. I ran a 20 shot string and got an SD of 8 so I’m considering just running that for $5 a box
    I wonder how the CCI Std does at 100 and beyond, I’ll have to check my small stock and test them out

I have been playing with a savage fv-sr 22lr and cci standard velocity shoots very well at 100 and 150 yds . for rimfire match's that are less than 200 yds I think they would be just fine . I was dinging my little critter silhouettes at 150 yds easy enough .

I have been playing with a savage fv-sr 22lr and cci standard velocity shoots very well at 100 and 150 yds . for rimfire match's that are less than 200 yds I think they would be just fine . I was dinging my little critter silhouettes at 150 yds easy enough .
    I’ll definitely have to try it out, it shot decent out of my b14R and now I’ll have to try it out of my rimx. Only thing that might be a little issue is the fact it’s a match chamber cut for Lapua/SK ammo, so I’ll probably get a bunch of engraving with a tight bolt closure.

I’ll definitely have to try it out, it shot decent out of my b14R and now I’ll have to try it out of my rimx. Only thing that might be a little issue is the fact it’s a match chamber cut for Lapua/SK ammo, so I’ll probably get a bunch of engraving with a tight bolt closure.
    I was in almost the same situation about a yr and a half ago. I had a B14R carbon, and a new Rim X with a Bentz chamber. My B14R liked SK+ and SV and some expensive ammo at 50 but not 300 yards. The Rim X really only took to Center X, no Ely in this test.
    So, I took a caliper to different ammos, and my conclusion was chamber too, the B14R likes longer ammo. In retrospect, I think my findings were misguided.
    Fast forward to now and a new MW 13tw barrel on the Rim X with an Eley match chamber, with full expectations of running Center X through. I had 12 lots of Center X to test, and some Eley Team and Match. Blah, blah, only one lot of Lapua Long range and 1 lot of Eley Team shoots well so far. Digging further, these ammos run fast out of the barrel compared to all others.
    Again, I take a caliper to ammo, even buying a 20 cal comparator insert, which was stupid because the nose of the bullet touches nothing, learn as I go. I measure a bunch of ammo, my conclusion between SV and SK-Lapua ammo is, Lapua's band is slightly bigger in diameter and longer than SV's, though reamer has to play somehow, I just don't know what exactly. I ran an engraving test by chambering and extracting both Eley and Lapua ammo and my eyes could not see a visible difference.
    The B14R is long gone, but it shot SV well to 300 yards, on non windy days. Right now I have a Kidd 20" barrel on a 10/22, same thing, shoots SV really well to 300 on non windy days, 8 mph of wind and performance drops off fast. Justin nailed this aspect, a simple examination of ammo quality reveals quite a bit, and the bullets are in way better shape with Lapua brands. This last paragraph is all I bring to the table here.
    You paid a lot of money for that Rim X, feed it decent ammo! When you were young and got all peacocked out to go chase pussy, you surely didn't leave the house with a hefty as your goal.
    On the OP, I have tested SK HV match in at least 8-9 rifles, and it never disappoints, it sucked in every rifle I have tried. I am sitting on 2 bricks of the shit and cannot wait to run into some mouth breather that preaches the virtues of it so I can give it to him and then give him a shooting lesson. I have 4 bricks of Norma Tac 22 that may suffer the same fate.

Reactions: Cowpokey
    I was in almost the same situation about a yr and a half ago. I had a B14R carbon, and a new Rim X with a Bentz chamber. My B14R liked SK+ and SV and some expensive ammo at 50 but not 300 yards. The Rim X really only took to Center X, no Ely in this test.
    So, I took a caliper to different ammos, and my conclusion was chamber too, the B14R likes longer ammo. In retrospect, I think my findings were misguided.
    Fast forward to now and a new MW 13tw barrel on the Rim X with an Eley match chamber, with full expectations of running Center X through. I had 12 lots of Center X to test, and some Eley Team and Match. Blah, blah, only one lot of Lapua Long range and 1 lot of Eley Team shoots well so far. Digging further, these ammos run fast out of the barrel compared to all others.
    Again, I take a caliper to ammo, even buying a 20 cal comparator insert, which was stupid because the nose of the bullet touches nothing, learn as I go. I measure a bunch of ammo, my conclusion between SV and SK-Lapua ammo is, Lapua's band is slightly bigger in diameter and longer than SV's, though reamer has to play somehow, I just don't know what exactly. I ran an engraving test by chambering and extracting both Eley and Lapua ammo and my eyes could not see a visible difference.
    The B14R is long gone, but it shot SV well to 300 yards, on non windy days. Right now I have a Kidd 20" barrel on a 10/22, same thing, shoots SV really well to 300 on non windy days, 8 mph of wind and performance drops off fast. Justin nailed this aspect, a simple examination of ammo quality reveals quite a bit, and the bullets are in way better shape with Lapua brands. This last paragraph is all I bring to the table here.
    You paid a lot of money for that Rim X, feed it decent ammo! When you were young and got all peacocked out to go chase pussy, you surely didn't leave the house with a hefty as your goal.
    On the OP, I have tested SK HV match in at least 8-9 rifles, and it never disappoints, it sucked in every rifle I have tried. I am sitting on 2 bricks of the shit and cannot wait to run into some mouth breather that preaches the virtues of it so I can give it to him and then give him a shooting lesson. I have 4 bricks of Norma Tac 22 that may suffer the same fate.
    Well now I’m very happy I’ve only got 3 boxes of it to waste, it’ll be interesting to see how terrible it is with a 12tw since it’s gonna be spinning at an absolutely ridiculous rpm.

I had a lot of eley match that was consistently under .2 at 50 but I had one box and now that lot is gone forever before I could test at distance or buy more.

Well now I’m very happy I’ve only got 3 boxes of it to waste, it’ll be interesting to see how terrible it is with a 12tw since it’s gonna be spinning at an absolutely ridiculous rpm.
    I did not test in the 13tw, now you have me thinking, but I'd rather hate on it, lol