• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SK lube

That would be eel snot OFG.
If you want to see how bad it can be, getcher hands on a can of SK Magazine.
That's the only bulk ammo that should be sold with a roll of paper towels to deal with the slime.

Per Devan at the AZ Lapua test facility, all flavors of SK and Lapua ammo except Polar Biathlon Extreme use the same lube.

When asked, a Lapua engineer stated they use a petroleum based lube but it is not paraffin.

i-love-the-smell-of-eel-snot-in-the-morning-313036-1.jpg

Reactions: bunsen27
I understood most of eley was bees wax , talo , and a small amount of resin

Eley uses the bees wax/tallow lube on its Match and Tenex level products, they use Paraffin on their other lower priced products. If you look at their product descriptions, they indicate what lube is used on each.

Next obvious question, how many of you are spending the time to wipe and remove all the sk snot off the cartridge body and bullet and if your doing that do you notice more consistent performance downrange?

the slime on sk is pretty cool but has anyone else taken notice of the smell they give off when fired it made me start to think about adding other sents to my bullets like cinnamon or nut meg for that extra laugh at the range someone else said allspice while another person suggested something that would remind you of a thanks giving dinner not sure what specific smell that would be but it would be funny .then again I still want to cook a lunch of crabs and other seafood like a corn boil while shooting at the range it could be fun grilling steaks or chicken for a lunch and shooting till lunch and a few easy to make and travel sides is ready then take a short break share some food then back to shooting for a while mix the day up make it special then when the shooting is done crack open a ice cold beer or two or what ever floats your boat get eaten by some bugs then go home . Just to plan the next trip to the range the next time . all that from the smell of sk's eel funk lol dreaming is fun .