• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SK Rifle Match vs. Long Range Match

jLorenzo

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 20, 2017
which is better for general shooting? I do fine with CCI std out at longer range so I assume the rifle match would do well also?
Anybody know the difference? I can get bricks but want to make sure I get the best one for me. Ill probably have to try them both.

Depends on y'er luck with the assembly line lottery.
Some days the SKRM is better, some days the SKLR is.
No guarantee which will have the tighter mv spread
or fewer manufacturing defects.

Reactions: Tiger_Shilone
The only way to know which one is the best for you is to get some of both and shoot it. In my Bergara B14R the SK Rifle Match and Long Range were about same same accuracy wise at 50 yards. At 100, 200, and 300 though the LR was more consistent with regards to getting hits. That was my experience with the two out of my rifle, your mileage may vary.

I have very little of the SK Long Range. I wish I had Bricks of it for when I was shooting 100+. It seemed a little more predictable over the Rifle Match. I shoot Rifle Match for all my NRL22 matches. I practice with CCI Standard. I shoot a B14R.

Reactions: nesikabay
I have never had a bad lot of SK LR. Maybe im lucky. It shoots as good as my CX. but cost less. I have had some lots that were lights out. But never a bad lot

Have posted these before but are still a good reference to have handy. There is a Feet Per Second Speed difference between them, long range match is the faster cartridge at 1106 fps and SK rifle match is slower at 1073 fps IIRC. Both are considered by SK to be the best in their product lines as far as their internal testing goes.

E95F02A2-E224-485D-A89E-1E9D4CAC3B55.jpeg

04736823-3883-49AF-934A-8504F7FF5508.png

Last edited: