• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Skeet and Voodoo S magnifiers.

jstokes1

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Dec 17, 2018
Monroe, Louisiana
Looking to see who is here interested in getting a magnifier for their skeet irx and/or voodoo s. I've talked with Torrey Pines about getting some made, and trying to see the interest in this product with the community.

So far the options available (as it was told to me) are: 2x, 3x, variable 2x and 4x. Either direct thread or QD (the QD attachments cost more).

As stated by them, the more interest garnered, the cheaper the tooling cost is. Prices should range from $800 to $1500 as quoted.

I already have a list started, so I am only looking for SERIOUS buyers. No backing out, no cold feet. Send me a message if you want one so I can communicate it to them and add you to the list.

Clarifier here: do not send me payment. I am merely making a list of names and associated wanted models.

Mods:if this listing does not belong here, please delete.

Last edited:
Dr. Leo Volfson with Torrey Pines Logic built me two custom 3X magnifiers (about 4 years ago now) that are quick detach to my FLIR PTS 233's. He did an outstanding job. Excellent product and well worth the money. Mine are rated to handle recoil up to 7.62 x 51 with no change in POA/POI.

Will turn mini mouse into mighty mouse. (1.5 native magnification x 3x Magnifier = new 4.5 native magnification.) :LOL:
I can in the instant of a throw lever change the 233's from short range (thick brush) to longer range (open fields) use in and instant. However, you do have to use 2 rifle profiles. One for short range unmodified 233 and one for when you put the 3X Magnifier on. But that is easy peasy with the PTS 233's.

All of the Torrey Pines personel I worked with getting that done were outstanding people. His personnel were 1st class professionals.

If I am not using them on PTS 233's I put one in a pouch and just hand hold it up to my helmet mounted Breach and presto, Might Mouse appears. :)

1648770312956-png.7840118

Last edited:
The nox front lense housing would seem to lend itself well to some kind if twist on system. Would need some kind of set screw to not untwist while focusing back and forth.

20220402_121615.jpg

@jwramp When I initiated my first discussions with Dr. Volfson, I expressed a desire for the 2 to 4 variable if that was doable He said it would not work for my setup. I did not push him to explain why as I did not want for it to appear I was questioning his knowledge or expertise. So, he said send him a PTS 233 unit and he would design it up for a 3x that would work very well. That is what I did and it all worked out exceptionally.

Love to see the interest here guys! I am currently talking to the sales rep and taking some measurements. I also have a Nox 18 that I can measure as well. No RH 25 in hand, but JW has that covered.

What my goal here is, is to make the voodoo S/skeet a more capable spotter/clip-on (and maybe get some upgrades to other units like the nox). I'm REALLY happy to see that there seems to be a considerable recoil rating for the above mentioned optic magnifier in a QD configuration (thanks for the info wherenow&now), and I'm currently trying to think of solutions for back end demag to retain unity (with the help of wig if he has time...but I have a rough plan in place already).

If the industry doesn't want to make consumers happy, it's up to use to take the lead.

Love to see the interest here guys! I am currently talking to the sales rep and taking some measurements. I also have a Nox 18 that I can measure as well. No RH 25 in hand, but JW has that covered.

What my goal here is, is to make the voodoo S/skeet a more capable spotter/clip-on (and maybe get some upgrades to other units like the nox). I'm REALLY happy to see that there seems to be a considerable recoil rating for the above mentioned optic magnifier in a QD configuration (thanks for the info wherenow&now), and I'm currently trying to think of solutions for back end demag to retain unity (with the help of wig if he has time...but I have a rough plan in place already).

If the industry doesn't want to make consumers happy, it's up to use to take the lead.
At the end of the day, you will probably find it best to send in a unit of the particular models you want magnifiers made for so Dr. Volfson can get the mounting solution properly figured out without trying to guess. He probably does not have one of those particular units sitting around to use for design work.

You can trust him with any units you send to him.

Maybe my next project will be to send him a PTS 736 to add a 300 mm magnifier to it and give the HISS a run for its money. :LOL:

Dam, that would be one awful looking unit. :LOL:

I'll take one like this. 2.5X by 50mm. Press on and screw in fittings please. I'll pull up to the next window to pick up my order😶

20220402_143511.jpg

I don't know if this could be moved to the optics forum. I think it's more us begging someone to build something rather than someone trying to sell something.

Welp it seems like we have a bunch of people here are interested in a Nox magnifier as well. Send me your contact information and full name in a private message and I'll add you to the list. Depending on the amount of orders, I should have a rough estimate on price this coming Monday.

The sales guy told me today that they have a bunch of 2-3x magnifiers they are currently making a run on....so that's what they will most likely have. They also prefer to use direct thread mounts if the unit has threading on the objective...and the QD ones are more expensive (due to tooling cost). I'll have more details here soon!

The threaded option is the important one. Also that it clears the battery extender.

It's possible for a nox that someone with some skill could homebrew a press on from a pvs14 adapter. It actually fits with less slop on the nox objective than on my 14s and the teeth engage the flange on the nox so you can adjust focus with the magnifier. The nox objective is shorter so it does not engage the o ring that acts as the press fit but this could be fixed by simply machining some of the length off the adapter. The objective comes right up to the oring so it wouldn't take much.

20220402_155253.jpg

The nox threads will be around where the raised flange by the lense is vrs the pvs14 threads so there's a bit to work with there. Maybe a double threaded deal. This is way out of my wheelhouse but if the sizes and thread pitch are common ones there might even be something off the shelf that would work.

20220402_160638.jpg

Maybe this goes without saying, but please make these recoil rated to a reasonable level (doesn’t have to be BMG or Lapua…)

I am interested in a magnifier for a Trijicon SkeetIR X. I think my preference would be for a 2x-4x variable, although a fixed 3x might be significantly lighter, which wouldn't be a bad thing either. So I suppose either would be fine. Thanks.

Looking to see who is here interested in getting a magnifier for their skeet irx and/or voodoo s. I've talked with Torrey Pines about getting some made, and trying to see the interest in this product with the community.

So far the options available (as it was told to me) are: 2x, 3x, variable 2x and 4x. Either direct thread or QD (the QD attachments cost more).

As stated by them, the more interest garnered, the cheaper the tooling cost is. Prices should range from $800 to $1500 as quoted.

I already have a list started, so I am only looking for SERIOUS buyers. No backing out, no cold feet. Send me a message if you want one so I can communicate it to them and add you to the list.

Clarifier here: do not send me payment. I am merely making a list of names and associated wanted models.

Mods:if this listing does not belong here, please delete.

I’d be interested in a 2X or 3X unit for an RH25 (currently shopping around for an RH25 now).

Out of curiosity, why not make the magnifier rail-mount/clip-on with removable spacers on the mount so custom heights can be easily/cheaply achieved?

Then instead of a bunch of people with different thermals ordering a bunch of configurations; were all ordering the same thing with different spacer?

Plus you’re not stressing your $$$ thermal objective lens during recoil... all the recoil goes to the rail mount and your thermal is untouched.