• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Skeetir L

Evolution 9

Hurter of feelings
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Mar 6, 2010
    Central Idaho
    I’ve always heard the Skeets acclaimed (usually in hushed tones of reverence) for their incredible image, versatility, and credit card sized footprint... but damn! I had to experience it to understand!

The BAE core somehow fills the 640x480 screen with vivid detail even with a 320x240 sensor... magic?

As a scanner, it disappears in a hoodie pocket (yes, sometimes I wear a hoodie). When you see a target you simply slide It into the Wilcox flip to side weapons mount, either as a clip-on in front of your scope, or as a stand alone sight with it’s own reticle.

Night hunting and run across a high light area? Just flip the Skeet out of the way and engage with your day scope.

Speaking of clip-on use, these aren’t as good at that as a dedicated clip-on, but mine allowed me to go 2/2 on 8oz water bottles at 100 yards from my bedroom window last night (wife told me to go back to bed 🤷‍♂️).

The ir laser is cool for pointing out targets to buddies with night vision, but for that to matter I’d have to have buddies with night vision (said in sad, lonely tone).

I intended to try this for dual band use on a helmet with a WP PVS14, but first I’ll need, well, a helmet and a WP PVS14. I do a lot in the woods so the heads up display compass heading will really come in handy for navigation.

I hope Trijicon releases more Skeets in the near future, and if they do, don’t miss the opportunity to get one!

And I’d be remiss if I didn’t thank Wigwamitus for patiently sharing his knowledge and answering questions about thermals... lots of questions.

F3D8B919-5731-4266-ACE8-F072B66ADC3A.jpeg

999B41A3-00C8-4D2F-9900-0ED08C9F7B21.jpeg
    2254537B-C03B-4126-99AD-31B0120A9316.jpeg
    9650E3B5-D903-4233-99B2-4DA10A334FC8.jpeg
    ECA272D1-3B63-4DDC-8AE4-979210C64C14.jpeg

Attachments

• BF9E8614-15DE-4C99-8CC1-77ABFD54E9F2.jpeg
      BF9E8614-15DE-4C99-8CC1-77ABFD54E9F2.jpeg
      905.1 KB · Views: 138
    Lol... most people would sell internal organs on the black market to be your kinda “poor.” :p

Reactions: charnicus
    Welcome to Club Skeet. It's not very exclusive, by definition, but it's definitely a club everyone should be in.
    Agree. The skeet is one of the few products I've used that is everything it should be. I can't think of a thing I would change on it.

Agree. The skeet is one of the few products I've used that is everything it should be. I can't think of a thing I would change on it.

Amazingly, it’s not exactly a “new” product. Oasys really hit a grand slam with this thing. I really wonder why no one has released anything as good or better yet, after all these years. Sure, PoT has something just about as good, maybe better as a clip-on, but the Skeet is just magical. I’m sure the Nox will be a solid unit, but based upon the specs it’ll still be a clear second-fiddle — albeit at half the price. ;)

Hi all, anyone that has a SkeetIR can help me? I have a lot of problems with compass and the display does not flip upside down when it's rotated and helmet mounted... Try to calibrate many times but does not work. Is it possible that only the compass sensor is damaged? Is it possible to reset the device or clear calibration data to test it more? I already left it without battery for days to try the reset. Thanks!

Did you turn off the heads up displays and then power cycle the unit and turn them back on ?
    If that doesn't work, is this a trijicon unit ? If so, I'd call them and see about sending it in.

I haven't had this problem.