• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Skim bedding H-S stocks

FNARSHOOTER

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 13, 2010
Ga
How do you guys bed H-S stocks? I heard of skim bedding what is the best product to use? I have bedded other rifles how are these different?
Scot

Re: Skim bedding H-S stocks

Those are very good links.

I am not sure of current state of the rules, but in the past doing that would void the warranty!!!

I know that there aren't really a lot of stock warranty issues, but obviously I had one.

Brian

Not necessarily something that has to be done to an H-S stock, but unless you screw it up it can't hurt either. I did two H-S stocks in a row on my 5R before moving to a McMillan for it. With a bedding job, going from one H-S stock to the next, I only had to make a one click adjustment from my original zero to get back on at 100yds with the second stock.

Idk but I saw a good change in my 700P hs stock. I just bedded mine a few weeks back and shot it today at a hundred yards. the results had me smiling. I was shooting 3/4-1" inch before at best. today once I got it on target, bullets were touching. now I didnt get to shoot it much cuz I just ordered some custom loads and I only had a few gold medal match rounds left. I just used them to get on sight and once I got on sight, I shot one more and it was touching the previous one. then I let my friend shoot the last 3 bullets. Now I know that was only 2 shots but before I had several shots and never came close to that accuracy with that gun. Can't wait till I get my new bullets in and really put rounds down range and see how good I can really get consistently.

My 700P LTR already shoots at 1/2 MOA or slightly under at 100-300 yards consistently with Hornday TAP 168 grain. Don't feel the need to fix what 'aint broke. Trying to get less than 1/2 MOA for my purposes isn't necessary.