• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sks

before everyone chimes in with the witty comments…….let me help. We will take a time traveling journey back through my youth--a youth misspent on doing mag dumps of cheap ammo and chasing waitresses…….but i digress….

there is NO way to effectively mount a scope to an sks on the receiver. ALL of the "receiver mounts" will not hold a zero. Trust me and my misspent youth. Therefore, you are left really with only a few options:
1. get a gunsmith to tap the side of the receiver somehow and rig up some kind of mount that way
2. use some type of "scout scope" type set up---these usually involve attaching the mount to the rear sight/gas block.

The "best" I have seen is these guys: SKS Scope Mount - Black Anodized $78.95 My brother uses one and swears by it. He does hunt deer with it and I have seen him hit 24x24 steel out to about 250 yards. HOWEVER, i see him miss a lot too…….

Between myself, my brothers, cousins and friends we have probably owned in the neighborhood of 100 sks rifles over the last two decades. I have seen and I have put them in all kinds of configurations with every accessory possible. Almost all of those rifles are long gone now. But, Every last one of the rifles that we have kept are in their original form again. All the extended mags, scopes, folding stocks, rail systems ect ect ect have all been taken off. I am a huge SKS fan. I would take it over an AK everyday of the week and if the zombie apocalypse actually happened and I could grab only one rifle---it just might be an sks. Having said all of that, its reliability and handling come from its design--tinker too much and it loses what makes it so functional. Lots of guys around here deer hunt with them. They are juuuuuust about ballistically equivalent to a 30-30 and are accurate enough if you find good (non steel) ammunition. But even there, like the 30-30, they shine in the 150 yard and in range and that is iron sight range.

Use the irons

Enjoying this, for the shear entertainment value.

I'm sure that after the "scope mount" discussion is completed, the "laser mount" will follow, forthwith.