• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Skunked again

ZiaHunter

Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Nov 25, 2012
    Southern NM
    Another year and unsuccessful for all my draw applications for New Mexico. Think this was year number eight for not drawing an elk tag and frankly starting to loose count. Really sucks when you are a tax paying resident of the state and can't draw a tag. I hate those f##king outdoor shows that are always promoting hunting in NM. 50% of all elk tags are ranch tags and of that amount 85% are going to non-residents. The cost of ranch tags has gone out of site as outfitters continue to up the bidding.

Depends on the unit. In the Gila's high demand units I have seen as much as 15K for a guided hunt. We used to buy unit wide ranch tags for 3K as a backup a number of years ago but I heard the same tags are going for north of $7,500 now.

Reactions: Rthur
    never give up never surrender if not this year maybe next . maybe you were meant to go on another trip maybe goats in the mountains or hot chicks in Cancun?
    hookers in Vegas could be a nice get away to take your mind off New Mexico , and if they can't I there are a few Massage parlor or spas across the country that could . You could donate your time at a homeless shelter that would be a nice thing to do make it a family outing if you have a family . best of luck next year .

Don't plan on giving up but turned 65 this year and not sure how many more years I can get skunked. Had alternate plans and will be going back to Gunsite for the XLR class. Been to the class twice already and have a new 375 SnipeTAC that I will be taking as well as my 338LM. Spending 4 days with Cory is always a great experience.

Same boat brother, 2nd year for me though. My last elk draw was 2017, shot a 350 bull and dropped it at the taxidermist never to be seen again. I’m pretty mad about it.