• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Skunkworks, got wood?

sr15match

Lost........
Minuteman
Nov 6, 2008
Wellsville, NY
Well, the panels had been done for a short bit but I finally had the time to put them on.

Standard spec UGSW Infidel .308win, 21" tube, Leupold Mk4 6.5-20x50mm M1, Mk4 rings, Parker-Hale bypod, AI bipod tensioner, and AI NV mount. Panels hydro-dipped by Chris Roberts.

Range time will soon follow once the weather clears and I get time away from the "honey-do" list before heading back down range to work. Enjoy the pics!

DSC_0004-2.jpg

DSC_0008-2.jpg

DSC_0016-4.jpg

DSC_0018-1.jpg

DSC_0020-2.jpg

DSC_0023-2.jpg

DSC_0028.jpg

Re: Skunkworks, got wood?

the wood grain hydro-dip is down-right cool! i think i may need to do that to one of my rifles.

Yeah, that was my goal. I have a set of FDE panels and am going to get a set of green panels too.

I have a TAB Gear biathlon sling (not pictured) that works awesome. The rifle is a bit of a porker so carrying her for a distance shouldn't be a problem either.

Sir my hat off to you, that is very unique looks awesome with the dark colors combined, very nice enjoy and thanks for sharing.

When I saw the pictures, I thought it was lacquered wood. I can't believe it is hydro-dipped.

Really looks nice. The hydro dip is awesome. I really thought it was high polished wood. The cantilevered AI NV mount looks slick too.

Congratulations, your rifle has officially been pimped!

So, is the verdict in? Is The hydro dipping is durable?

Either way that is a fantasic look with the ai stock!
I'm sure your rifle will shoot as well as it looks!

Dan

What an excellent result. I know this site is dedicated to tactical shooting. Therefore camo jobs are the expected par as it can be for actual function, but this is refreshing to see. And Im not really a big rifle "looks" person.

Thanks everyone for all the comments. No, the finish isn't for everyone but it's not meant to be. The panels will come back off shortly, they'll be set a side for the FDE or green ones and on to business. They are a fun option to have when going to the range for play & practice and having a bit of a laugh with friends.

Chris Roberts did a great job finishing the panels. I described what I was looking for and I left the rest up to him.

I'm happy! Thanks again guys.

that is very unique and distinguished looking. Almost makes me call the rifle - Sir!

Haha that nuts! I like it. Its different.

Would be awesome actually see something in walnut, But I would imagine it would be rather fragile.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: vman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Haha that nuts! I like it. Its different.

Would be awesome actually see something in walnut, But I would imagine it would be rather fragile.</div></div>

And if not fragile, it would probably bump the rifle weight up past 20 pounds no problem...

I've got a green Manners T4A I really would like to have dipped in say XXX Turkish or French walnut. All I ever do with it is shoot off a bench anyway, it's not going to get any hard use.

OK, now we're back from seeing our son at Langley AFB and range time will follow over the next few days between the rain. Thank god because 500 miles a day on the motorcycle has my ass hurting and it's time for a break!

Range time here we come, trigger time finally!!!!

Thanks a ton for all the comments. The "woody" look is coming off today and she's returning to FDE.

That looks really good! At first I was going to ask how much Joel Russo charged you to make those skins.

Wow, that certainly fooled me. I thought it was a wood replica of an AICS. The "wooden" screw heads should have tipped me off!

That's pretty cool!!!!!! Kinda different on a AI type stock and might kinda look a little out of place but cool none the less! Would you have any contact info. for Chris Roberts that did the dipping?

Thanks, Frank
Bartlein Barrels

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Frank Green</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That's pretty cool!!!!!! Kinda different on a AI type stock and might kinda look a little out of place but cool none the less! Would you have any contact info. for Chris Roberts that did the dipping?

Thanks, Frank
Bartlein Barrels </div></div>

Here goes!

http://outdoorhydrographics.com/

I am not sure what code Chris used as I gave him a description of what I was looking for and he took care of the rest. The sample in the link looks almost perfect!

Chris does some super work and do not hesitate to ring the shop, ask questions and have them take care of your parts. I had him do more parts for me in Multicam a while back and they were perfect too.

Go for it!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HTD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Would the wood grain code he used for the dip be WTP-121?

http://outdoorhydrographics.com//images/patterns/woodgrain/WTP-121.jpg

This one?

I'm very interested in having a second set of panels for hunting that look like the ones you had made, because my god they are beautiful and imitation as they say is the sincerest form of flattery. </div></div>

Chris cleared them for me before sending them back. They had a nice smooth gloss finish to them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: at4rxj</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do you know if that's just the dip, or did he put a clear coat over it? </div></div>