• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Skunkworks RECON Article in Special Weapons

Re: Skunkworks RECON Article in Special Weapons

you are coming out with some great looking rifles.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Skunkworks</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks....I have a new action to introduce soon that I can hardly keep a lid on.... </div></div>
i'll see you at SHOT...you can tell me all about it.

Mike,

Congrats on the article! Sounds like that rifle performs as good as it looks.

bsp212

Thanks....Based on the performance with each load he shot, I'm lowering my accuracy guarantee to 3/8 MOA or better for packages built on the STINKER and the Model 911 Actions.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Skunkworks</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks....Based on the performance with each load he shot, I'm lowering my accuracy guarantee to 3/8 MOA or better for packages built on the STINKER and the Model 911 Actions. </div></div>

I hear there's a new receiver in the works, the "Spanker"
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wnroscoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
grin.gif
</div></div>
yeh....spankin' your ass!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 762frmafr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wnroscoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
grin.gif
</div></div>
yeh....spankin' your ass!! </div></div>

Maybe yours!!

Congrats for the shweet ink! Definately should have been the cover article.
That paint is king dingaling of digital. Makes me wanna buy the package
smile.gif

Thanks Todd. Their plans for the cover apparently changed (as I was told might be the case), but it was originally slated for the cover. Ichiro does take some mean photos though.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wnroscoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 762frmafr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wnroscoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
grin.gif
</div></div>
yeh....spankin' your ass!! </div></div>

Maybe yours!! </div></div>
jealous much?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 762frmafr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">jealous much? </div></div>

Of what?

Certainly not you.

Just checked out your website. NICE!! Does your 700 rail have the lug notch like the recon? Do you do the install on the chokes on your shortie 870 barrels?
The 870 safety is perfect. My finger naturally takes it off safe on the way to trigger.

Thanks Todd....My 700 rails actually have two recoil lugs that fit into the front and rear of the ejection port. The recoil lug and rail on the article rifle are Seekins. I'm now doing my own recoil lugs (pinned with blind holes in the lug to avoid mechanical bedding lock) and rails for the STINKER and Model 911 actions. The lug matches the OD of the receiver so I can blend it in. Once the barrel is torqued on, the line disappears and there is no step between the receiver and the lug so it all looks like one piece. The only step is between the lug and the barrel shoulder. It has a nice custom look....

I do the chokes on the shortie 870 barrels as well as lenthening the forcing cone and honing. The safeties are doing very well and are made out of 4140, so there is no dimpling by the index ball that locks up the safety in the trigger housing....

Congrats on the good review. And It seems to me anyway that you found one of the few gunrag writers that knew something about shooting.

Very nice, and sexy! I'm gonna hafta get me one of those once I graduate college
laugh.gif

I picked up this magazine a few days ago, very nice looking rifle with very good performance. Now if you could only send me a complimentary rifle. haha but seriously congrats on the article.

Thanks JBurt....I didn't want to sell the article rifle, but someone called up the other day and wanted more than I did. I will get to your complimentary rifle as soon as possible
grin.gif

What ammo was used in the recon test? 3/8ths, is very difficult out of a crate of mil spec.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bam Bam</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What ammo was used in the recon test? 3/8ths, is very difficult out of a crate of mil spec. </div></div>

M118LR, FGGM, Hornady TAP....